Will Smith says he sees himself in the team's 2013 mix (1 Viewer)

He will be part of the mix, that will be cut this offseason

1249780222287.gif

We pretty much only ran the 3-4 when we wanted to rush 3.

That's not true at all...Harper blitzed almost exclusively out of 3 down linemen sets

Will smith played well as a DE in GWs 3-4 scheme and played pretty well this past year when he was moved inside to play DT

He's strong enough and big enough to play DE in our new 3-4

The only concerns are with cap...but that's a minor concern considering he wants to be a saint for the rest of his career

The players and coaches love him....I'd love to see him back

that's not true at all...harper blitzed almost exclusively out of 3 down linemen sets

will smith played well as a de in gws 3-4 scheme and played pretty well this past year when he was moved inside to play dt

he's strong enough and big enough to play de in our new 3-4

the only concerns are with cap...but that's a minor concern considering he wants to be a saint for the rest of his career

the players and coaches love him....i'd love to see him back

this

Well... does he start? If he doesn't start... how much do you pay a back-up? He has a ton of "locker room" value but how much is that worth? Remember we're way over the cap...

That's not true at all...Harper blitzed almost exclusively out of 3 down linemen sets

Will smith played well as a DE in GWs 3-4 scheme and played pretty well this past year when he was moved inside to play DT

He's strong enough and big enough to play DE in our new 3-4

The only concerns are with cap...but that's a minor concern considering he wants to be a saint for the rest of his career

The players and coaches love him....I'd love to see him back

So you're saying Will Smith, our weakside DE, held the point of attack while Harper, our strong safety, rushed the QB from the other side of the field?

I would prefer a young player learning and absorbing the new system then a gap player like Will Smith starting for say, 1-2 years, or even being a situational player for that time.

The same can be said about Vilma and even Harper.

Not that I really like them, the reality is that their time has passed and we need to look on for 2013 and beyond.

Mix? More like a bowl of Chex Mix while he watches us make a run from his La-Z-Boy

Will Smith will most likely take a pay cut, and stay with the team. He needs to retire A Saint! Just Like Donald Driver retired a Packer! same thing with Henderson!

Will Smith is an OG Saint, and YES, he's lost a step, but I can NEVER hate on Fresh Prince 2. If he's willing to take a pay cut, and come off the bench, I think he'd fit in just right. His biggest contribution may not come on the field exactly. He's a veteran who can teach our youngsters how to be pros. But first and foremost, if he stays, he needs to restructure his deal because he's not worth what he pulling now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom