Will Smith says he sees himself in the team's 2013 mix (1 Viewer)

As for the Will Smith anger.

1) I'm not sure Will Smith "underachieved", I think he's just older. He was never very explosive to begin with, so he didn't have a ton to lose. The 3-4 will benefit him greatly though and he is still skilled and capable of being strong at the point of attack

2) obviously he's way over payed. No one is suggesting keeping him on at his salary and I think he knows that as well.

3) if you cut him, which we will, you then have to go out and replace him. Given our cap situation and the nature of free agency, JJ Watt isn't walking through that door. Unless we draft someone and they take it, the fact is Will Smith might be one of our better options to replace Will Smith. A cheaper options too.

as players get old, they get injury prone, you have to keep a young team

6 sacks from a highly paid DE, yeah he under achieved

if he wants to make much much less money, then maybe for an older guy like him

but part of getting better on defense means parting ways with players we like, for players that play well

Will smith need to lose some weight and get faster

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk

as players get old, they get injury prone, you have to keep a young team

Just as an example.

You go into camp with 8 DEs
Cam Jordan
Will Smith
Akiem Hicks
Tom Johnson
Jay Richardson
Mid-round draft pick
Random FA signee/Turk McBride/whoever
UDFA

That's just a random example, but that's a nice balance of potential star (Jordan), cagey vet who can at least give you a marginally average performance as a baseline (Smith), developing young players (Johnson, Hicks, draftee), couple of journeymen (McBride, Richardson), and your practice squad guy.

That's a pretty basic, reasonable plan of action for DE and not that costly. Smiths not getting 3+ from anyone else. We should get him back cheap for a vet. There's likely not to be many other available options. Randy Stark would be a clear upgrade, but expensive and require too much of a commitment when Hicks is showing too much promise. Seymour maybe, but he'll be more expensive then Smith.

Smith really is a pretty good option of a known quantity vet who won't require much of a commitment and inhibit the possible development of younger players.

That's pretty funny considering you thought Roman Harper and Malcolm Jenkins should have gone to the Pro Bowl this year.

I actually had some facts to back up my claims...just because you didn't like them doesn't mean it's uneducated...unlike u, I use stats to support my claims no matter how bold they may sound....

U calling will smith fat and overrated is purely opinion, baseless and classless

Will smith need to lose some weight and get faster

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk

That's really the opposite of what you want out of a 3-4 end

We kept paying Charles Grant and Smith and always complained they didn't live up to it. They never did. Will Smith last year as well as Ellis got abused on cut back runs. They consistently ran at and cut back to will smiths side. We have to make a change.

We kept paying Charles Grant and Smith and always complained they didn't live up to it. They never did. Will Smith last year as well as Ellis got abused on cut back runs. They consistently ran at and cut back to will smiths side. We have to make a change.

I'm not much of a Will Smith supporter as I am for Harper, but saying he never lived up to the money would be a lie. Yeah your right last year was not his best year, but he has done his duty for this team. He has done alot for this team, and I respect him a lot. It would be nice to see him retire a Saint, but even I know his best years are behind him. I still have doubts that they really will cut him, but without a doubt I know they will restructure that contract. I hope he stays next year, but I hope he takes that huge pay cut, and mans it up. I'm pretty sure he will get enough play time if he does.

Just so everyone knows...cut backs are designed to catch aggressive defensive lines out of position....like the draw, cut backs use defensive linemens aggressiveness against them

By scheme design, we were weak against cut backs

It also didn't help that we had a carousel at LB(the positions that would fillthose cut back lanes) for most of the season

It's funny when I hear stuff like that...we needed our defensive linemen to be aggressive but when they are aggressive, ppl get mad that the read option and cut backs are working against us

Make up your mind please

Will Smith

Will smith should have been cut with charles
grant long time ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom