Will Smith (1 Viewer)

los226

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Packers cut Woodson and the Colts will not resign Freeney. It's time for us to release Will Smith. It's the first necessary step if the Saints want to turn this defense around.

Is there any benefit for us to release him later? or is it all the same financial figures no matter when?

I think its time to part with a few players on D, instead of trying to fit them in yet another defensive coordinaters scheme...

I think coach likes him because he just shuts up and does his job. Through all the downfalls, he never ran his trap. That's a Payton guy. He knows his role and it's a plus that Payton may be able to show.. You can start as a Saint and retire a Saint.

If he was cut, would he find a new home somewhere else quickly? And if so, I wonder what kind of a pay cut it would be. I just wonder what kinda options he would have if we gave him an ultimatum. Either stay a Saint for dirt cheap, or go elsewhere. I don't like that prospect cause I know it would be kinda an insult to him, but like you guys said, Payton loves loyal professionals and it seems like him finishing out as a saint for a really low price would be best for everyone assuming Smith couldn't get a sweet deal elsewhere.

I don't believe there are 11 better defensive players on the Saints roster. Whether the Saints have Will Smith as a DE or OLB is not known. Hopefully the Saints have identified the UFA's that are better bigger younger faster and quicker than Will Smith. If they can sign two on or after March 10 then he will probably be released.

will smith fits in a 3-4 and deserves to restructure before he is released

hes earned that

some fans have no respect for players that have poured everything into this franchise

hes not overweight or out of shape like people claim. he is a bigger end that can play in a 3-4 though

hes earned that

some fans have no respect for players that have poured everything into this franchise

hes not overweight or out of shape like people claim. he is a bigger end that can play in a 3-4 though

He's a mediocre defensive lineman at this stage in his career. Cut the fat, get new blood.

hes earned that

I have to agree. he's been built for the 3-4 his entire nfl career. that said, I'd replace him in a heartbeat with Freeney if it were on the cheap.

hes earned that

You want to restructure him this year? Therefore you would like him to have a cap hit of $11,770,833 in 2013 on a salary of $14,541,666 and a cap hit of $16,712,499 in 2014 on a salary of $13,941,666? Also you would like to make his cap hit $6,312,499 in 2014 if we cut him instead of $3,541,666? I'm glad you aren't our GM.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom