Speculation Will Taysom Hill replace Trautman as a TE2/H-back? (1 Viewer)

Kordell Stewart from the West Bank (not the FB part but definitely receiver and special teams). Put some respect on his name.
Kordell was a better QB than Taysom is… and he was also a better WR than Taysom…

…but Taysom is a more versatile player that can also contribute on special teams as well.

If Trautman is catching great in practice, he will be given another chance or 2. If his practices are so-so, He'll be lucky if he's on the team in a week or 2. If you don't have great speed or bone-crushing power at WR or move TE, then you must have very good hands to make up for it. Strike 2-1/2.

Keep in mind Trautman is coming off an injury and hadn't been getting reps. He will be fine. He's a much better blocker than Juwan but Juwan will be a good pass catcher as he is a receiver in nature. I think that's a part of why fans were freaking out about our WR depth and the Saints didnt seem to be too worried. Juwan and Harris aren't considered threats but they can be.
THIS! Traughtman is a solid blocker and If you saw the shot of JW and TH sitting next to one another? Taysom's arms were all scrapped up and clearly he'd been playing FOOTBALL so? I don't particularly NEED my #2 QB used to block as much as vs GB. He's good at it but at what price to his body? It's a 17 (now 16 game reg. season left). That's a LOT of game to start out knocking heads as a blocking TE instead of getting him in open field running! Go Easy Bro! Spare him the dirty work and put a big body in there! Traughtman is good and WILL settle down! He has had "Sure Hands" in past games!

• 1Like
Reactions: MV2
Man. I was going to start a thread about Trautman but didn't want to be "that guy". I know a lot of people are high on him. I just never understood why? I have yet to see anything to get excited about.

IMHO, this team is lacking a real TE. I do wish he turns out to be special, but nothing I've seen leads me to believe he will. Flame away if you must.
No "FLAME" just saying it was his BLOCKING which was first noticed , then his hands were discovered and that's when he began to LOOK like a valuable asset. The GB game was just a "Bad Hands Day" for #82.. I'd BET YOU he'll give you PLENTY to be happy about in coming games!

Kordell was a better QB than Taysom is… and he was also a better WR than Taysom…

…but Taysom is a more versatile player that can also contribute on special teams as well.
Kordell began as a WR with a little special teams action. Special teams is really about effort when you are young or don't have a clearly defining role as a starter. My main point is that Taysom is not as much of an anomoly as some people depict him as. A lot guys play multiple positions until college.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom