Speculation Will Taysom Hill replace Trautman as a TE2/H-back? (1 Viewer)

Man. I was going to start a thread about Trautman but didn't want to be "that guy". I know a lot of people are high on him. I just never understood why? I have yet to see anything to get excited about.

IMHO, this team is lacking a real TE. I do wish he turns out to be special, but nothing I've seen leads me to believe he will. Flame away if you must.
A tight end doesn't need to be replaced simply because he isn't special. All he needs to be is a solid starter. It's not like he was picked #4 in the draft as the Falcons did with their TE.

Maybe we were hoping Trautman would be the Jared Cook replacement, but we'll have to settle for him being the Josh Hill replacement. The man can block, for sure. Might be TE2 for a very long time just due to his blocking skill.

I’d give him a bit before getting after him. Appendix surgery knocked out a good portion of training camp so he developed little chemistry with Winston. If you noticed, there wasn’t great chemistry between Kamara and Winston either. It will get better. It’s the first game.

We run a balanced run/pass attack. Trautman is the best combination of blocking and pass-catching that we have in a Tight End. He had a bad game but he will be a good one.
Yeah I’m sure but I also wanted to highlight Taysom’s blocking which I thought was really good. So I think he can get more reps at H back

Juwan is gonna be our Jared cook
I would like to see Juwan add a little more size and strength without losing any speed. In the game, I noticed that the Packers treated him like a receiver. I'm hoping that we get to the point where the defense uses a safety or preferably a linebacker to cover him. I also don't recall him lining up next to the tackle in this game. I only remember seeing him split out as a WR.

I think there are some that are having a bit of a knee-jerk reaction to Trautman, he excelled in the run blocking department despite coming off of surgery fairly recently. He dropped a few passes (I actually only remember one drop) and he needs to work on that and I think the Saints coaching staff will see to it that he does. We will see how he develops.

Hopefully JJ will continue to make an impact, he sure looked the part yesterday....

Man, one bad game and some of you guys want to stick a fork in Big Fish. I think he got rattled when he had the offsides penalty. It was right after that when he started dropping balls. He’ll play better against the Panthers.

Trautman will take some time. He missed the majority of camp, and even if his surgery was laparoscopic, is very behind in drills, practice and such. To me it was also very obvious who has worked with Winston over the summer and who hadn’t. Kamara’s passes a bit high and off, same with someone the others. The accuracy and such will get better.

How many other players (in the history of the NFL) battled for the starting QB job throughout training camp, and then lined-up at FB week 1 and got a short yardage handoff for a 1st down… while also seeing snaps at TE, H-back, and slot WR?

How many other players (in the history of the NFL) battled for the starting QB job throughout training camp, and then lined-up at FB week 1 and got a short yardage handoff for a 1st down… while also seeing snaps at TE, H-back, and slot WR?
Kordell Stewart from the West Bank (not the FB part but definitely receiver and special teams). Put some respect on his name.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom