Will the 2020 season be canceled? (1 Viewer)

Will the 2020 season be cancelled?

• Yes

• No

• Delayed

Results are only viewable after voting.
Unfortunately this season is over before it started. We haven't even hit the peak of this virus yet. It will be many months before we start to flatten the curve and any sense of normalcy is far off. Many teams and players don't want to continue with the draft and are concerned about training camp and games starting as scheduled.
But ultimately this decision will be made by the government and not Roger Goodell. Saving millions of lives is more important than losing millions of dollars.

Sadly it isn’t to some people but I agree with you wholeheartedly.

When the panic hits total chaos level, we are getting close to things getting better. Panic and total seclusion will help get this thing under control, so I'm not complaining. But I think by this fall, we will have better treatment, testing and understanding of this thing. The economy won't be 100%, but activities will be much closer to normal. I plan to be in my seat this fall. Yall please be safe down there

Based on what?

Science? It’s reaching different parts of the country at different times. There is no cohesive national plan, and it is being handled differently in every state. We’re going to have to open the economy piecemeal, and the virus will still exist until there’s a vaccine. This will be a part of our lives for at least a year. We will see hot spots popping up around the country until then. I cannot fathom a scenario where have have fans at sporting events this year. It is too widespread at this point, and nothing outside of a vaccine will eradicate it in the US.

Last edited:
Sadly it isn’t to some people but I agree with you wholeheartedly.
I agree as well. Do you all think this helps older players or hurt them b/c we have about three older players that we need and a miss year (I think) could hurt them. Drew, MJ and JJ.

I agree as well. Do you all think this helps older players or hurt them b/c we have about three older players that we need and a miss year (I think) could hurt them. Drew, MJ and JJ.
Think it will undoubtedly hurt them. Drew may well retire if this season doesn’t happen. With those older players, Father Time having another year to break them down is not a good thing.
Heck it would be bad for Cam too. He’s not a spring chicken anymore and he’s been worked hard.

Who will go to games in this pandemic?

There are two options for this year:

1. hold games for television only but still risk player/staff health

2. cancel the season outright and start in 2021

We just don’t have enough time to have societal wide immunity before the season starts and certainly not before training camp. I know everyone needs football to keep spirits up, but I’m looking at this from a larger perspective.

I guarantee you that the Olympics won’t be held this year. And I doubt baseball will go on.
It should be postponed at the very least.

That's what upsets me, all the spring break resorts knew a pandemic was occurring but they chose profit over safety. Now you have all these kids flocking back to their home towns and having a potential mass spreading. In a way, I blame their parents for letting them go.
My niece was set to hit ft. Lauderdale for break with her Clemson sorority sisters but chose to come home. (My sister would've made her if she had chosen not to). She knows who pays the bills.
Just ignorance and now it's said the younger generation aren't as safe from this as once believed .
I blame the President and his weak stance. His flimsy spine and unwillingness to say what needed to be said gave the green light to all of the dummies to do exactly what the pleased and here we are.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom