Will the 2020 season be canceled? (1 Viewer)

Will the 2020 season be cancelled?

• Yes

• No

• Delayed

Results are only viewable after voting.
If we are still under social distancing orders in September, we may be living in caves. No way this thing lasts through the whole summer. Mid-summer at worst.

Go read about the 09 Swine Flu pandemic which was a very similar strain as the 1918 Spanish flu. These things run their course. We are not trying to wipe it out, we are trying to keep hospitals from being totally overwhelmed. We will be ahead of the curve before football season. Summer activities might be in jeopardy, but not the nfl season

I don't think it will start on time and likely shortened.

"U.S. Virus Plan Anticipates 18-Month Pandemic and Widespread Shortages"
A financial executive appearing on CNBC the other day was pleading for the administration to just impose a 30 day shutdown to save the economy. He said if we take the 18 month approach that it would be the end for America.Screenshot_2020-03-19-20-04-51.png

loL. Hey BelowSeaLevel!!! Pete is only allowing 4 in his gym at a time. He has specific instructions to keep at least 8 ft apart. No working on side by side machines, only one person at a time on the stretching/core ab matt and use the anti-bacterial towels before and after each exercise. But I am an idiot anyway - lol. Just ask my finance.

Hysterically, one of the safest places to be is playing golf. I have a weak spot in my heart for that and one of these new electric robot caddy's that follows me around the course. It's way cool and makes walking very doable. I think Pete is going to have to shutdown the gym pretty soon. I hope not but we had our 1st reported case last nite in New Braunfels. Take care Brother!!!
At this point, even with the precautions, it's careless for him to keep the gym open.

All gyms mandatory shutdown here in Austin.

@MJ in Calif , have you heard about a malaria drug that has shown promise for CV19? I caught a snippet at the end of a news broadcast. The last time I had to use malaria drugs it was Quinine pills, so I'm sure that is not the medication. But it sounded like some scientists were studying it further.

As to the hording, we haven't been able to find a bottle of alcohol anywhere. Our bottle is 6 years old and my small pads for my shots go back to '18. It is ridiculous we can't find even one bottle, even on Amazon. I did find Aloe Vera gel, so I hope I can make hand sanitizer even with old alcohol..

I guess since this is the first country wide disaster there would be a super rush on staples. Luckily, a a lot of us that live in disaster zones can think outside of the box.

Good luck to everyone! Stay well!

@MJ in Calif , have you heard about a malaria drug that has shown promise for CV19? I caught a snippet at the end of a news broadcast. The last time I had to use malaria drugs it was Quinine pills, so I'm sure that is not the medication. But it sounded like some scientists were studying it further.

As to the hording, we haven't been able to find a bottle of alcohol anywhere. Our bottle is 6 years old and my small pads for my shots go back to '18. It is ridiculous we can't find even one bottle, even on Amazon. I did find Aloe Vera gel, so I hope I can make hand sanitizer even with old alcohol..

I guess since this is the first country wide disaster there would be a super rush on staples. Luckily, a a lot of us that live in disaster zones can think outside of the box.

Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine. All over the news. FDA is said to be fast tracking the approval for use to treat covid19. Sounds like they will start using them very soon. Like within a few days.

Yes, the hording sucks and so does a good percentage of the media that seems to be causing it. I'll leave it at that.

In the gym yesterday, two college kids with suntans showed up after being out for a week plus. Pete asked them where they were and they cockily bragged, "South Padre at Spring Break Fest!" Pete asked it is was crowded and they crowed, "Packed with Babes." That's about 50,000 to 75,000 college and high school kids. Pete told them to get out of the gym, stay out for a month and try to look themselves in the mirror and grow-up real quick. Then he shut the gym down for deep cleaning.
Good idea.......but ya know, everyone is beating up on the kids, and there were LOTS of middle age & older folks in those pictures as well. Nobody seems to be mentioning those dim brains.?

Just google “rubbing alcohol”. CVS, Walgreens, Rite-Aide should all have plenty.

The league will skip the regular season and go straight to playoffs. We will not be admitted into the playoffs, as Brady is now in our division.
And Philip Rivers will FINALLY lift that Lombardi ???

Who will go to games in this pandemic?

There are two options for this year:

1. hold games for television only but still risk player/staff health

2. cancel the season outright and start in 2021

We just don’t have enough time to have societal wide immunity before the season starts and certainly not before training camp. I know everyone needs football to keep spirits up, but I’m looking at this from a larger perspective.

I guarantee you that the Olympics won’t be held this year. And I doubt baseball will go on.
Frankly, by the time the season starts I'll be far more interested in finding food than being worried about who's playing? :confused2:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom