Will the 2020 season be canceled? (1 Viewer)

Will the 2020 season be cancelled?

• Yes

• No

• Delayed

Results are only viewable after voting.

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Who will go to games in this pandemic?

There are two options for this year:

1. hold games for television only but still risk player/staff health

2. cancel the season outright and start in 2021

We just don’t have enough time to have societal wide immunity before the season starts and certainly not before training camp. I know everyone needs football to keep spirits up, but I’m looking at this from a larger perspective.

I guarantee you that the Olympics won’t be held this year. And I doubt baseball will go on.

Last edited:
If everyone follows the rules, we can get a handle on it quickly . But some don't want to listen.
Martial law is coming soon...it's inevitable.

Yep. A national shutdown looks like it has to happen at this point. I don't see this issue being resolved soon enough for the season to start. Right now we can't have groups of more than 10 so stadiums full of 60 to 100k people seems unlikely.

Even if they play in empty stadiums, that's still a lot of people. All the players, coaches, medical and supports staffs, TV people, refs, etc.

It’s not so much about finding a cure for the virus, but a handle on how to treat it effectively and stop it from worsening.
Once that is found, and the spreading of it curbed, I believe we will get to normal (or something close to it).
They will circle the wagons within the NFL, and if they have to close Training Camps off to the public... and even play the preseason and early season games for TV only, there’s still a ton of $$$ to be made... and at the end of the day, the NFL is all about that $$$

Who will go to games in this pandemic?

There are two options for this year:

1. hold games for television only but still risk player/staff health

2. cancel the season outright and start in 2021

We just don’t have enough time to have societal wide immunity before the season starts and certainly not before training camp. I know everyone needs football to keep spirits up, but I’m looking at this from a larger perspective.

I guarantee you that the Olympics won’t be held this year. And I doubt baseball will go on.

Tough to say what you did, but bows to you for bringing reality to the front! Thx

I'd so hate to see this year wasted for Drew and Brady. I can't imagine all the excitement of the draft and coming season and then there is none!

Another really smart insight. Would Brees retire if they cancelled the season?
Yep. A national shutdown looks like it has to happen at this point. I don't see this issue being resolved soon enough for the season to start. Right now we can't have groups of more than 10 so stadiums full of 60 to 100k people seems unlikely.

Even if they play in empty stadiums, that's still a lot of people. All the players, coaches, medical and supports staffs, TV people, refs, etc.

Screw the refs. I'll ref Saints games by myself!

I don;t think there's a quick fix for this, sadly. For the measures that have already been implemented to work, they would have to be in place for about about 18 months.
Based on what?

If everyone follows the rules, we can get a handle on it quickly . But some don't want to listen.
Martial law is coming soon...it's inevitable.

In the gym yesterday, two college kids with suntans showed up after being out for a week plus. Pete asked them where they were and they cockily bragged, "South Padre at Spring Break Fest!" Pete asked it is was crowded and they crowed, "Packed with Babes." That's about 50,000 to 75,000 college and high school kids. Pete told them to get out of the gym, stay out for a month and try to look themselves in the mirror and grow-up real quick. Then he shut the gym down for deep cleaning.

I could see them pushing forward after a delay with empty stadiums. Probably played in places that won't be as affected.

I'm in ATL, i know, but two friends have been provided credentials by their employers to get through check points. We do not have check points, road blocks are patrols at this time but both are "essential personnel." The signs around us all point to things getting tighter soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom