Will the Chargers be the next to leave Qualcomm (2 Viewers)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
With the 49ers leaving San Fran and Candlestick park, do you think the city of San Deigo is going to pony up the money to build the Chargers a new staduim if they do indeed threaten to leave like the Niners have.
It would be a shame if the Chargers left becuase their a good team now with LT and Marty Ball giving them some power back in their team this season and in the past with Brees when he was their.
As you may know, Qualcomm is nearly 40 years old and is way past its prime as a legitimate staduim compared to newer fields like Detroit and Houston, would they follow the Niners leave and think about leaving San Deigo?

It would be nice if some of the SoCal fans could comment on this.....but wasn't the City of SD just about bankrupt a few years ago?!? I don't know if they could afford to build a new stadium right now.

I lived thereand left right when they started to get to be a good football team again. The view I had from people there was that they loved their team, but there was no way in Hades that they were going to fund a new football stadium having just gone throught the whole Petco Park process with the Padres. Now that they're consistantly winning again, who knows. We really need some San Diego residents to talk about it. Plus, it's a dual use facility, being the home to San Diego State. I think they need to get the city's financial problems straight before they commit to a new stadium.

I think the 49ers are staying at monster park because they are going to renovate it big time to try and land the summer olympics i think in 2012.

Pension Plan

It would be nice if some of the SoCal fans could comment on this.....but wasn't the City of SD just about bankrupt a few years ago?!? I don't know if they could afford to build a new stadium right now.

SD current Pension Plan is in the hole by about 1B, and could face bankrupt.
SD officials have granted the Charges to have discussions with surrounding communities.

Niners are moving to Santa Clara and the Chargers are in talks with National City and Chula Vista. Basically both teams are moving to the suburbs, which is common in the NFL. It's no different then the Dallas Cowboys, NY Giants, NY Jets, Buffalo Bills, Arizona Cardinals, New England Patriots or Washington Redskins, all of whom play in the suburbs.

If there is a team likely to move out of it's area, it will end up being the Raiders.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom