Will the defense be fired up? (1 Viewer)

Rusty

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Anyone think that? I mean they had to be embarrassed after what they gave up to the steelers. I'm hoping they come out and try their best to dominate the bengals.

i have watched that game a few times. ...in slo mo. The DB's are TERRIBLE at run support. bullocks being the worse followed by SToutmire and MM

that counter to parker for a td from about 5 yards out was both bullocks and MM's fault. Bullocks bit way too hard and went way to far inside...parker heads right and MM tries to make an arm tackle that was just pathetic. I undersand that players aren't perfect but you should be able to tackle if you play defense....IN THE NFL

three touchdowns on turnovers
2 touchdowns on fluke long runs

I don't think our defense was as bad as people make it out to be. Sure they weren't Dome Patrol status, but thats what happens when you put an average D in bad situations. Our offense can't afford to put our defense in a bind like they did sunday.

The secondary wasn't very good in run support. They were terrible when it came to tackling in general. We shouldn't have to depend on the secondary for run support anyway thats the front sevens job.

the defense played well threwout the game, they blew to assignments that cost them 72 and 76 yrds and the DUMB mistake by Craft to leave his reciever to go guard nobody?.....I know the defensive call was not for Craft to leave his reciever when the quarterback hasnt even thrown the ball yet?? and who did he think was gonna pick up the reciever the safety? the safety is helping you!!!

Our defense is just out-classed at times. Hollis Thomas has done a great job stuffing the middle but when Willie started breaking runs outside, there wasn't any run support. I like a lot of the guys on our D, but a lot of them need to be replaced with better athletes if we're going to be an elite team. They'll be fired up on Sunday, but if we don't pressure Palmer, our corners are gonna have a rough day against Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmandzadeh.

Anyone think that? I mean they had to be embarrassed after what they gave up to the steelers. I'm hoping they come out and try their best to dominate the bengals.

I don't think they will dominate the Bengals
but I do feel they will play a lot better.

If you think our D will be fired up because they gave up 38 points, how fired up do you think Cincy's D will be for giving up 49?

I thought the defense played very well. Less a few plays but they are aggressive and they HIT.

three touchdowns on turnovers
2 touchdowns on fluke long runs

I don't think our defense was as bad as people make it out to be. Sure they weren't Dome Patrol status, but thats what happens when you put an average D in bad situations. Our offense can't afford to put our defense in a bind like they did sunday.

The secondary wasn't very good in run support. They were terrible when it came to tackling in general. We shouldn't have to depend on the secondary for run support anyway thats the front sevens job.

The turnover excuse doesn't really apply here. All the turnovers but 1 came in the steelers redzone when we were about to score after a long drive (giving the D rest), yet when they got on the field they let Ben drive his team down field like it was nothing.

Yeah the turnovers are an ez thing to blame things on but a D should still hold when the other team has 80 yards to go after the TO.

Yes, I think they'll play better on Sunday.

i have watched that game a few times. ...in slo mo. The DB's are TERRIBLE at run support. bullocks being the worse followed by SToutmire and MM

so you're saying that Craft was the best one out there???

Last edited:
The turnover excuse doesn't really apply here. All the turnovers but 1 came in the steelers redzone when we were about to score after a long drive (giving the D rest), yet when they got on the field they let Ben drive his team down field like it was nothing.

Yeah the turnovers are an ez thing to blame things on but a D should still hold when the other team has 80 yards to go after the TO.

Actually, the first two fumbles were inside the Saints 40 yd line...(from nfl.com:
2-4-NO29 (11:19) D.Brees pass short left to B.Miller to NO 33 for 4 yards (J.Farrior). FUMBLES (J.Farrior), RECOVERED by PIT-B.Keisel at NO 33. B.Keisel to NO 32 for 1 yard (T.Copper).

1-10-NO37 (7:12) R.Bush right end to NO 43 for 6 yards (L.Foote). FUMBLES (L.Foote), RECOVERED by PIT-R.Clark at NO 43. R.Clark to NO 38 for 5 yards (M.Colston). Play Challenged by NO and Upheld. (Timeout #1 by NO at 07:03.))

So Pitt got a short field on both of those to score.

SSP

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom