Will the FA be enough if we get (1 Viewer)

Edwards has a couple years left. As long as he doesn't want top dollar, sure.

Getting Edwards and Clements would allow us to target WLB, DT, TE, or OL in the draft. I'd prefer a WLB, BUT, I've always liked the strategy that we've used. Fill all of your holes adequately in free agency, so you can draft BPA, or semi-BPA.

When you reach to fill holes, you end up with Sullivan, Sedrick Hodge, James Allen, Cie Grant, Mel Mitchell, etc.

When you draft BPA you get Reggie Bush, Marques Colston, Roman Harper, and Will Smith.

Why do we need Tony Gonzales? We may not be stacked at TE, but our offense isn't the problem.

We need to address our Conference USA defense.

First FA acquisition, for the Saints, will be Donnie Edwards. IMHO

I'm not sure we have the cap money to sign all those players. First, it's already known that the coaching staff isn't high on McKenzie and if we sign Clemons assuming that he even makes it to FA, we're still stuck with FT at the other corner and still need to take a CB in the draft. Gonzo is going to want bigger money than we can afford and CG is going to want more money than he's worth too. DE may be too old but if he has at least two years left he could tutor our draft pick to eventually replace him.

Edwards has a couple years left. As long as he doesn't want top dollar, sure.

Oh hes gonna want top dollar. You can rest assured of that. When FA opens up, if hes the best out there for the money then by all means get him though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom