Will the falcons loss actually kill their franchise if not severely cripple it? (1 Viewer)

SaintsSupremacy

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Not only was their attendance and fan support dismal (until the bandwagon grew), they are going to lose coaches and free agents. I am serious when I say that a loss of the magnitude we witnessed last night could actually severely cripple their franchise and fan support for years to come if not outright be the death of it it Atlanta. Is this a legit thought?

They have a retooled D with a lot of youth, and their key skill players on offense are all in their prime or young, so I would say it's wishful thinking that they aren't going to be a force to reckon with next year. Plus their owner is solid and his business is based in Atlanta.

Seems like wishful thinking. The Falcons are going to be a serious rival for the next few years, they've set the benchmark for the division.

They have a retooled D with a lot of youth, and their key skill players on offense are all in their prime or young, so I would say it's wishful thinking that they aren't going to be a force to reckon with next year. Plus their owner is solid and his business is based in Atlanta.
You give them way too much credit. Let's face it, they were lights out this year and they still couldn't get it done.
And now they're losing their offensive coordinator? If anything, their chemistry will be off. Next season won't be the same.
What's worse, soon after, all the teams will be stripping them of their best players via free agency.

Will they be competitive next year?
Of course, for all the reasons that you mentioned.

Can they catch lightning in a bottle two years in a row?

I highly doubt it!!!!

Wouldn't be the first team to suck after losing super bowl. The panties for one.

i think he is speaking from a mental aspect.

I think youth can be a double edged sword in a situation like this.

Comes down to can they "forget" this. Or will this creep into minds next season "uh oh...here we go again" and focus is lost and they start giving up games in similar fashion.

we will know next year within first 4 games.

Seems like wishful thinking. The Falcons are going to be a serious rival for the next few years, they've set the benchmark for the division.

Set the benchmark? You mean like the 2015 Panthers who went 15-1, then went to pieces in 2016?

The Falcons had a really nice year. Their QB and OC had career years, they had almost no injuries, and they got hot at the right time...not to mention that the NFC was down and they didn't have to leave home for the playoffs. These things typically have a way of balancing out.

Something about losing in Superbowl really expose a championship team that is just hard to explain.

That stadium opening ceremony is going to be fun, huh?

"Dear fans,

Thank you for the $40,000 PSL, hope you enjoyed the worst Super Bowl loss of all time!"

I don't think it will their demise...For all we know....Could make them want it so much more next season and then play with a vengeance! Man....That was a spicy SuperBowl to watch. Hahahaha.

What Im saying is that financially, the franchise could be in really bad shape after a historic, savage loss such as last night. I seriously can see fans permanently leaving their fandom of the falcons. They dont have the emotional connection to the team as other cities do with their own.

What Im saying is that financially, the franchise could be in really bad shape after a historic, savage loss such as last night. I seriously can see fans permanently leaving their fandom of the falcons. They dont have the emotional connection to the team as other cities do with their own.

And on top of that, here comes that billion dollar stadium with plenty of empty seats.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom