Will the NFL not suspend Andre Johnson with Houston playing on NFLN this week? (1 Viewer)

the DB really pushed Andre to the limit. andre is well respected and well liked by the NFL and its fan base. Goodell will be light as he can on him thats a promise.

I'll put it this way.

I'm still picking the Eagles over the Texans in survival bowl. With or without Andre Johnson.

the DB really pushed Andre to the limit. andre is well respected and well liked by the NFL and its fan base. Goodell will be light as he can on him thats a promise.

The NFL fined Houston Texans WR Andre Johnson and Tennessee Titans CB Cortland Finnegan $25,000 each on Monday for their fight in Sunday's game.
Neither player will be suspended.
Johnson apologized after the 20-0 win against the Titans on Sunday, during which both players were ejected.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...-andre-johnson-cortland-finnegan-25000-each/1

Johnson was fined last year for getting into it with Finnegan too.

I wonder how bad it will get next time they meet?

Well, they didnt suspend Richard Seymour of the Raiders when he open palm ***** [mod edit: no veiled profanity :nono:] slapped Big Ben to the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Titans' remaining schedule includes this nugget:

Sun 12/19 Houston Texans (in Nashville) 12:00 p.m.

How many warnings do you think will come from the league office the week before that one?

BTW, Finnegan is lucky he's not in the hospital or the morgue.

Johnson was fined last year for getting into it with Finnegan too.

I wonder how bad it will get next time they meet?

Johnson will scream "Hadouken!!!" and shoot Finnegan with an energy blast.

I guess I tend to see things from a direction most others don't.. I'm not just going to outright disagree with what people have already posted about why they think this one or that one isn't suspended, I'm only going to add my thoughts to the mix.

Finnegan is a trash talking, dirty playing punk. Admitted and proven on film more than once. That's just the facts talking right there.

Andre Johnson is basically a model player who is not prone to such things. Fact as far as I know, or at least until proven otherwise. (This being the 2nd altercation with Finnegan would tend to sway me away towards the 'proven otherwise' part, but remember who's on the other side of this coin both times.)

The NFL, in not suspending Johnson for starting an impromptu MMA match in the middle of one of their football games, to me is basically agreeing with the above two 'facts' and is dropping the subject barring any further shenanigans. (I know Finnegan started it, but as far as a 'punch' goes in it's basic definition, that one belongs to Johnson.)

Write this down and keep it in a safe place.....

"At some point in Finnegan's NFL career, a WR, RB or TE that he's been doing a 'finnegan' on is going to catch him far enough away from fellow teammates and refs and beat him senseless before they can stop him. Senseless. Unconscious. Bloody."

Andre Johnson = Beast

Attachments

• l_21d51d4c0cd143598e40527683a0c43b.jpg
    l_21d51d4c0cd143598e40527683a0c43b.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 100
He's not suspended and he shouldnt be. Hes a good role model of what to do to bullies when they cross the line. Kids need to learn from Johnson.

It's crazy to me that he's not being suspended. I'm not saying he should be but man. Whether he started it or not, he was still the only one to throw any punches. fighting should be a suspension for all those involved.
Check the full video. Finnegan throws the first punch (a weak right) immediately after his helmet flies off.

If Richard Seymour wasn't suspended for his cheapshot on Big Ben, Andre Johnson certainly shouldn't be suspended for retaliating after he was punched.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom