Will the NFL rob Drew Brees of another MVP award? (1 Viewer)

ynneb

Bless You Boys
Reaction score
Back in 2009, Brees led the league in completion percentage (70.6-percent), passing touchdowns (34), and adjusted net yards per attempt (8.31); that last one is a measure of efficiency that accounts for sacks, interceptions, and scores. He also threw just 11 interceptions. You know who won MVP that year? Peyton Manning, who completed just 68.8-percent of his passes while throwing fewer touchdowns (33) and more interceptions (16). Manning’s ANY/A was a meager 7.51, and he deservedly lost to Brees in that year’s Super Bowl.

For full story click here

Imho, not this time. Even the media has no choice but to see it now; Brees is playing like some sort of robotic super-computer quarterback. He has ONE INT through 10 games. Ungodly passer rating, insane accuracy with pinpoint, unbelievable throws, incredible game-winning drives...

It's Drew's to lose at this point. Unless Mahomes gets replaced by the same alien quarterback technology that has taken over Brees.

No they will not.

If we win out going 15-1, it's a slam dunk.

If we lose a game or two but still get the #1 seed, about a 90% chance he gets it.

Keep winning and Mahomes cannot do anything about it.

Brees only 6 TDs behind Mahomes after 10 games, but has 6 fewer interceptions.

Brees QB rating now almost 10 points better.

Brees now likely to break the QB rating for a single season.

Last edited:
I still fear that Drew will get robbed again but it does seem like the media folk are being forced to finally acknowledge Brees since it’s in their face every week about his records and his QB rating.

I hope he finally gets it. The only ones right now that are getting a lot of attention are Gurley and Mahomes. If the Saints can keep playing well, maybe Brees finally gets it.

I find that article funny (not a good funny). Yes, I believe at this point Brees is the NFL MVP. I believe he definitely should’ve been in 09, possibly 11. However to say Malhomes isn’t putting up MVP numbers at (JUST) 3100+ yards, 67% and a 31/7TD to INT rate is laughable. Those are not only good numbers but they are great. Don’t down play what he’s done this year, he’s been exceptional. However, I think Drew has been historic. If not for Drew, Malhomes would definitely be the front runner.

You also would think that a Saints site would know how many TD’s Drew threw today too.

(Qoutef from the article) He may have the best touchdown-interception ratio in the history of the sport with 21 scores to 1 turnover (he added another 3 touchdowns, by the way).

Last edited:
Even Joe Buck was saying he was the frontrunner for MVP.

That alone is a miracle and should speak for his play. Buck hates to admit anything good about us.

The NFL has nothing to do with who wins the MVP.

Associated Press Voters
Fifty voters determine the NFL’s national awards, including Most Valuable Player, before the postseason begins. “We want a cross-section of writers whose main beat is the NFL and who cover it on a national basis,” said Barry Wilner, who has organized the Associated Press’s voting for at least 15 years. “Some of the guys on this list cover teams, but they write on a national basis so they’re very clued into the entire league. We want a mix of print, website, radio and TV.”

Right now and if he continues at his current pace the slobberfest is all over Patrick Mahomes no matter what Brees does the rest of the season.

The long and the short of it, I don't think that Brees or Payton give a hoot about anything but winning another Superbowl.

While many fans were at least a little upset when Drew was pulled at the end of the game, Drew himself was laughing and enjoying the show from the sidelines. Not exactly the face of someone who's upset about the situation.

I find that article funny (not a good funny). Yes, I believe at this point Brees is the NFL MVP. I believe he definitely should’ve been in 09, possibly 11. However to say Malhomes isn’t putting up MVP numbers at (JUST) 3100+ yards, 67% and a 31/7TD to INT rate is laughable. Those are not only good numbers but they are great. Don’t down play what he’s done this year, he’s been exceptional. However, I think Drew has been historic. If not for Drew, Malhomes would definitely be the front runner.

You also would think that a Saints site would know how many TD’s Drew threw today too.

(Qoutef from the article) He may have the best touchdown-interception ratio in the history of the sport with 21 scores to 1 turnover (he added another 3 touchdowns, by the way).
He had 4 today, 25 to 1 ratio

Not a chance.... That is how good and how much on a higher level Drew is this year than the next player.... I put myself in a ''haters'' pov and still Brees looks better....Not only is he accurate, but it is accuracy on a level that is truly unbelievable....Did you notice the players after the TD's?? Go back and look they are in shock how the ball was just there..... It's seems already won IMO....

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised. Check out this article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...qb-drew-brees-making-solid-case-for-mvp-award
Granted, the article touts all the great things Brees is doing. However, even the title merely says he's "Making a case".
The part that really got me hot was the first sentence:
The competition for the Most Valuable Player in the NFL has been a one-man race for most of this season, with Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes being the undisputed leader of the pack.
Seriously? Undisputed? Brees (and Gurley) might have something to say about that.

I wouldn't be surprised. Check out this article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...qb-drew-brees-making-solid-case-for-mvp-award
Granted, the article touts all the great things Brees is doing. However, even the title merely says he's "Making a case".
The part that really got me hot was the first sentence:

Seriously? Undisputed? Brees (and Gurley) might have something to say about that.
If Brees and Mahomes continue to play at this level then Gurley wont even be a thought when it comes time to vote.

If Brees keeps playing this way then Mahomes has no chance. We are witnessing total domination of a sport by Brees right now. Only thing I can compare it to may be the way Tiger Woods dominated in 2000.

What is likely to happen is Brees will have a season like no other has ever had from an efficiency stand point, but for some reason Mahomes will edge him in yds and touchdowns. So the media will crown Mahomes because of that. Seems like when Drew has what they usually look for the criteria changes to validate them giving it to someone else (See 2009 and 2011)

The NFL has nothing to do with who wins the MVP.

Associated Press Voters
Fifty voters determine the NFL’s national awards, including Most Valuable Player, before the postseason begins. “We want a cross-section of writers whose main beat is the NFL and who cover it on a national basis,” said Barry Wilner, who has organized the Associated Press’s voting for at least 15 years. “Some of the guys on this list cover teams, but they write on a national basis so they’re very clued into the entire league. We want a mix of print, website, radio and TV.”

Right now and if he continues at his current pace the slobberfest is all over Patrick Mahomes no matter what Brees does the rest of the season.

The title is the editor’s.

The writer concluded with: “Hopefully, the voters will remember to do the right thing.”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom