Will the Saint play on Sunday? (1 Viewer)

jmalon3

One-of-a-Kind
Reaction score

how has this not already been resolved? We are days away from playing in the dome. What happens if they don’t get approval?

kewee

I exist as I am, that is enough
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So there is a legit chance of them not being allowed to play this Sunday?

Reaction score
They'll play on Sunday. And at least one high school team (Holy Cross) has said they'll practice and play in Jefferson or St. Bernard Parish if they have to.

how has this not already been resolved? We are days away from playing in the dome. What happens if they don’t get approval?

saintfan-n-alex

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
i think phase 3 starts tomorrow, seems too late to just be deciding if game can play sunday

Reaction score
The reason he's asking is Cantrell said NOLA will stay in phase 2 even if the state goes to phase 3. Under current phase 2 rules, that means no football in New Orleans. Personally, I think they'll come up with some exception but even if they didn't, the Saints could just play in Death Valley (I doubt it comes to that).

i think phase 3 starts tomorrow, seems too late to just be deciding if game can play sunday

kewee

I exist as I am, that is enough
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The reason he's asking is Cantrell said NOLA will stay in phase 2 even if the state goes to phase 3. Under current phase 2 rules, that means no football in New Orleans. Personally, I think they'll come up with some exception but even if they didn't, the Saints could just play in Death Valley (I doubt it comes to that).
But they've been practicing in New Orleans for over a month now.

rob22278

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Mackel asked when high schools can start full contact football practice in Orleans parish, Darth Mayor got snippy and Avegno stepped in. Apparently the city is unaware Tulane has been having full contact football practice for a month in Orleans parish.

This has nothing to do with the Saints, they have already practiced in the dome a few times and got a “workplace waiver” from the state that supersedes the city staying in phase 2. The game is happening Sunday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Teddy: Evaluating our favorite former Saint's first 6 games. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Emmanuel Sanders placed on reserve-COVID list, will not play Sunday: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas' discipline from Saints is over, but will he play Sunday? Sean Payton declines to say Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Christian McCaffrey not expected to play this Sunday Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 32
DerrickB How would you feel if the Saints go 12-4 and have to play a 6-10 or 7-9 NFC East Team in the Playoffs? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 60
woohoosaint N/S Did Titans' Mike Vrabel make one of the smartest play calls of season vs. Texans? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Saints to play Panthers in Superdome this Sunday: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints will play at Superdome in Week Seven Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, October 16: Saints continue discussion to play at Tiger Stadium Saints RSS News Feeds 0
LaToya Cantrell says Saints' idea to play at Tiger Stadium is 'a good solution for right now' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saintsphere Mayor Cantrell says Superdome is still not ready for 20,000 fans; tells Saints they are welcome to play at Tiger Stadium Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 145
Taker597 In two weeks, Defense will play against our own Offensive System run by Joe Brady. Thoughts? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 31
Saints exploring to play LSU's Tiger Stadium since fans aren't yet allowed in Superdome Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Pensacola Special Teams play -vs- Chargers Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Taysom Hill likely to see his most action of the season this Sunday Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Michael Thomas ruled out for Sunday's game against the Panthers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
St. Aaron Saints Looks like Saints will be without Thomas and Sanders [Covid List] on Sunday... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 114
If no Michael Thomas again this Sunday then more of Marquez Callaway Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 27
HouseCall N/S Looks like the Raiders won’t be giving the Saints much help against the Bucs this Sunday. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
Film Study: Old friend visits the Superdome on Sunday Saints RSS News Feeds 0
B-Train Black Jerseys/Black Pants this Sunday Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 12
Dan in Lafayette Saints fans can be in that number of 3,000 for Carolina game in the Superdome Sunday SR News Page Articles 0
Saints: 3,000 fans allowed to attend Panthers game Sunday Saints RSS News Feeds 0
3,000 fans will be allowed in the dome for Sunday's game vs. Carolina [MERGED] Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 59
So_$@int Silly Saints Saints open up at -7.5 favorite Sunday 😬 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 12
DerrickB Jeff Duncan: Mayor Cantrell May Allow Fans this Sunday [THREAD CLOSED] Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 46
Bill Believe what you want, but our season hopes are on the line this Sunday Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 57
Rams vs. 49ers: Sunday Night Football open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
FLASHBACK: Saturday and Sunday without Saints, Tigers or Wave? It’s not the first time Saints RSS News Feeds 0