Will the Saints have to run the table (15-1) to get HFA in playoffs? (1 Viewer)

Doublemove

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Interested in what the Saints community thinks it will take to get HFA. ( I know its early, but we can "what if" if we want to!)

My "what if",

Rams really only have two games that I see as possible losses, Chiefs, and their away game at Chicago. That puts them at 13-3, Saints really should have the next 4 as wins so that leaves two with Carolina and one with Pittsburgh at home. Is it possible the Saints run the table and end up 15-1 absolutely, will it happen is the question left to be answered. I think the Saints are safe at 14-2, 13-3 may be tough unless the Rams drop the two games previously mentioned.

What's your crystal ball telling you?

Honestly I don't expect the Chiefs to beat them. I think the Rams pass rush is going to get to Mahomes and disrupt him in a serious way. Unless Andy Reid has something up his sleeve, the Rams are walking away from that game with another win.

Honestly I don't expect the Chiefs to beat them. I think the Rams pass rush is going to get to Mahomes and disrupt him in a serious way. Unless Andy Reid has something up his sleeve, the Rams are walking away from that game with another win.

You know I want Mahomes to get smoked to help Brees in the MVP voting, but I also want the Rams to lose to help the Saints in the playoff seeding.

Can both happen? If so, I am in with that!

Rams d is overrated no way they are walking away with this win. Rams almost lost to the Seahawks and the packers at home both average teams. I think this is going to be a shootout 38-35 cheifs.

You know I want Mahomes to get smoked to help Brees in the MVP voting, but I also want the Rams to lose to help the Saints in the playoff seeding.

Can both happen? If so, I am in with that!

Yes, the Chiefs rely on Kareem Hunt to play clock control and he ends up gashing the rams for 150+ yds rushing. Mahomes doesn't have a monster game in the air, but the Chiefs still win.

I do believe they will lose to KC.

Now the question is will they lose another? That's probably a 50/50 probability. Chicago could upset them. The Eagles offense could be humming when they play them and Jalen Mills will likely be back by then.

So we would have to get to 13-3 minimum I believe and possibly 14-2.

Saints need to win their remaining 4 home games and find a way to win at least 2 of the 3 road games.

Yes, the Chiefs rely on Kareem Hunt to play clock control and he ends up gashing the rams for 150+ yds rushing. Mahomes doesn't have a monster game in the air, but the Chiefs still win.

So in keeping with your scenario, Mahomes throws 3 pick sixes and fumbles two times but Kareem and their special teams score enough to win as time expires? Okay, I like that!

Interested in what the Saints community thinks it will take to get HFA. ( I know its early, but we can "what if" if we want to!)

My "what if",

Rams really only have two games that I see as possible losses, Chiefs, and their away game at Chicago. That puts them at 13-3, Saints really should have the next 4 as wins so that leaves two with Carolina and one with Pittsburgh at home. Is it possible the Saints run the table and end up 15-1 absolutely, will it happen is the question left to be answered. I think the Saints are safe at 14-2, 13-3 may be tough unless the Rams drop the two games previously mentioned.

What's your crystal ball telling you?

Rams have been squeaking out wins. Beating the Chargers in week 3 was probably their best win. Only other winning team they beat was the Vikings by one score in week 4. They have a lot to prove against KC imo.

At this point I see no problem getting the #2 seed. Rams homefield isn't that strong and they are less proven against playoff caliber teams. I wouldn't push it if we lock up the #2 seed as of now. Lot's of games left to play.

Rams d is overrated no way they are walking away with this win. Rams almost lost to the Seahawks and the packers at home both average teams. I think this is going to be a shootout 38-35 cheifs.
Look at the highlights from our game with them. They were pressuring Brees consistently with rushing 4 or 5. Yeah, a few times Brees had all day to throw, but really that was less than normal per the course of the game. Brees was barely getting passes off on quite a few of those plays. But Brees is gonna Brees and carve people up no matter how close they get to him. He and Payton chose to go with a lot of quick outs because of the pressure they could bring. The only saving grace vs the Rams is their back end gets smoked easily. Mahomes is actually bad against pressure, it's just that he hasn't seen the pressure that the front four on the Rams D could bring all game long.

Honestly I think Mahomes is a great QB in the making, but I don't think he's going to respond well to that Rams DL. Unless Reid puts in some extra blockers all game long, Mahomes is going to get thrown off his game. I guess Mahomes can be grateful that this away game will be in LA, where they'll likely be relatively quiet while he's in the huddle.

Last edited:
I don't. I don't think Chicago has enough offense to throttle the Rams. We need at least 14-2. That way, the Rams can go 14-2 also, and the Saints would win the #1 seed with the tiebreaker.
It's a Sunday Night game in December with probable snowing. Bears got a great chance to upset them.

Rams have been squeaking out wins. Beating the Chargers in week 3 was probably their best win. Only other winning team they beat was the Vikings by one score in week 4. They have a lot to prove against KC imo.

At this point I see no problem getting the #2 seed. Rams homefield isn't that strong and they are less proven against playoff caliber teams. I wouldn't push it if we lock up the #2 seed as of now. Lot's of games left to play.

I did not realize the Rams have compiled their record by playing .500 or less teams. Interesting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom