Will the Saints have to run the table (15-1) to get HFA in playoffs? (1 Viewer)

We have to wait and see how the Rams adjust to life without Kupp. Their offense was overrated before, so it’s possible they melt.

Rams have been squeaking out wins. Beating the Chargers in week 3 was probably their best win. Only other winning team they beat was the Vikings by one score in week 4. They have a lot to prove against KC imo.

At this point I see no problem getting the #2 seed. Rams homefield isn't that strong and they are less proven against playoff caliber teams. I wouldn't push it if we lock up the #2 seed as of now. Lot's of games left to play.

I want the SB in the NFC to go through the dome. Despite the Rams having no hfa, we would still be forced to fly all the way out there.

I want the SB in the NFC to go through the dome. Despite the Rams having no hfa, we would still be forced to fly all the way out there.

I think there is a good chance they get knocked off before the conference championship at this point. I'd like our starters to get some rest against Pitt and Carolina if possible. If they play well against KC and the Bears I'll feel differently.

Injuries will determine so much. Players will start getting tired. Freak injuries occur. But the Rams have the easier schedule of us two teams. We shall see. Isn't this a great problem to have versus discussing the draft already?

I did not realize the Rams have compiled their record by playing .500 or less teams. Interesting.

Not to mention the Bears have a great pass rush and a good overall defesne... I think there’s a good oppertunity for them to lose to Bears

I don't. I don't think Chicago has enough offense to throttle the Rams. We need at least 14-2. That way, the Rams can go 14-2 also, and the Saints would win the #1 seed with the tiebreaker.

And you may be spot on.
I just think the Rams will drop a couple more. They had already been flirting with disaster and I think they will finish 13-3.

As the old saying goes, if we handle our own business it won’t matter.

Honestly I don't expect the Chiefs to beat them. I think the Rams pass rush is going to get to Mahomes and disrupt him in a serious way. Unless Andy Reid has something up his sleeve, the Rams are walking away from that game with another win.
I'm kinda back peddling from my original thought of the Chiefs winning. Mahomes has been throwing picks of late..they don't run Hunt enough, and Mahomes got sacked by the Cardinals last week 5 times. The Rams have much better front than the Cardinals.

I want the Chiefs to win but I'm getting tired of the Mahomes MVP talk. He's not better than Brees left nut.

I'm kinda back peddling from my original thought of the Chiefs winning. Mahomes has been throwing picks of late..they don't run Hunt enough, and Mahomes got sacked by the Cardinals last week 5 times. The Rams have much better front than the Cardinals.

I want the Chiefs to win but I'm getting tired of the Mahomes MVP talk. He's not better than Brees left nut.
He does fantastic when there's not a defender in his face. But then again, who wouldn't with the Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelcee, Sammy Watkins, and Kareem Hunt to throw to?

Interested in what the Saints community thinks it will take to get HFA. ( I know its early, but we can "what if" if we want to!)

My "what if",

Rams really only have two games that I see as possible losses, Chiefs, and their away game at Chicago. That puts them at 13-3, Saints really should have the next 4 as wins so that leaves two with Carolina and one with Pittsburgh at home. Is it possible the Saints run the table and end up 15-1 absolutely, will it happen is the question left to be answered. I think the Saints are safe at 14-2, 13-3 may be tough unless the Rams drop the two games previously mentioned.

What's your crystal ball telling you?

Andy Reid always has something up his sleeves. He's done a masterful job creating this offense to suit Mahomes. They dont do a lot of complicated stuff, but they disguise what they do very well.

But I think folks are overlooking the Chiefs defense. They are in the top quarter of the league in sacks, and Goff has had 2 games where he got sacked 5 times.

Best case scenario is for the Rams to be 13-3, with losses to both the Chiefs and the Bears.....we go 14-2 and not even need the win over the Rams to break a tie there. We get to rest our starters for at the very least that final game against the Panthers. It would be unfortunate to have both losses be at home this year, but HFA is more important than home/road record.

Hoping hard it shakes down that way :cool:

Best case scenario is for the Rams to be 13-3, with losses to both the Chiefs and the Bears.....we go 14-2 and not even need the win over the Rams to break a tie there. We get to rest our starters for at the very least that final game against the Panthers. It would be unfortunate to have both losses be at home this year, but HFA is more important than home/road record.

Hoping hard it shakes down that way :cool:

I think we ALL would like that...but you knnoooowww it ain’t goin down like that...nothing is easy in this league, so I’m sure we will go into week 17 needing a win over Carolina in the ‘Dome to secure HFA...and I’m just fine with that...

The Rams could lose to KC or Chicago or both but the Saints just need to keep winning. Can the Saints run the table. They very well could. Pittsburgh will be a challenge. The failcons will be desperate to save their season. Carolina is Carolina and we beat them three times last year so they have a big chip on their shoulder. I think that 14-2 is a real possibility depending on how the season plays out and if the team is in a position to sit key players in the last game or not. If the Rams drop a couple of games the Saints will not need to go 15-1 but it still would be nice to win out.

The Eagles looked surprisingly good on offense last week against a good Cowboys defense. If their d-line can disrupt Brees then they will make a game out of today.

The Cowboys defense has looked rather legit and if they can get the running game going against us they have the chance at the upset.

The Falcons is going to be a slugfest, it always is.

The Panthers are one of the top teams in the NFC and we have to play them twice.

In order to get homefield advantage the Saints just need to look at their own schedule and knock down one win at a time along the way. If they walk away with the #1 seed they will have earned it, they would be the most tested team in the NFL.

What I like about the Saints is the depth. This team is really deep all over the field and we've stayed healthy to this point. Our depth advantage will continually and slowly become bigger each week as the injuries pile up around the league. We also have to assume that we will lose a couple more players before the end of the season, let's just hope they aren't key players or have multiple injuries at a single position and we'll be fine.

Lots of football left to play.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom