Will the Saints miss Devry Henderson..... (1 Viewer)

FLIPPY

Angler of the Year
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If he goes with the Bucs or anyone else?

I know he had a better season in '06 as apposed to last, and he's a reciever who has million dollar legs and 10 cent hands, however I'd still like to see him on the roster.

Unless he is replaced by someone else like him, of which there are a lot in free agecy and the draft, I think we will miss him somewhat.
Granted, he was never, ever the guy you looked to every play, nor was he so reliable, but admit it, everyone loved the big play ability he had, even if he didn't have the wide open 5 yard catch ability. His play against the Falcons was one of my favourites all year. Also the one called back to 1st and goal against the Panthers.
Bernard Berrian could be had, but I don't want us near the money he wants.
Eddie Royal, Darius Reynauld, Dexter Jackson, all Devery types who are 4-5-6 rounders.

Meachem is a similar receiver. There is no reason to think Meachem won't at least put up 30 catches this year. He is just as fast as Devery and has better hands.

Devery who?

our offense won't miss him, but i do hope he ends up in the afc or at least out of the nfc south. he's the kind of receiver that usually tears us up. fast deep threat

I would miss screaming and throwing things at my TV set when he drops the ball.

Devery has million dollar legs, 10 cent hands, and even less value in the brain. He's not that bright and that probably hurts him the most

I'd say we will miss his big play ability, but production wise, I think we can atleast get the same if not better out of Meachum, so out with the old in with the new....but I would like him back...but I understand why he wouldn't be brought back.

our offense won't miss him, but i do hope he ends up in the afc or at least out of the nfc south. he's the kind of receiver that usually tears us up. fast deep threat

We have kept Henderson a long time, patiently working through the route running and dropsy problems. It would be a shame to cut him now, after he has matured and worked out most of his problems. Instead of cutting him, we should be reaping the rewards of all the patience with him.

But,,, if he still can't catch, drop him like a dead halibut.

We have kept Henderson a long time, patiently working through the route running and dropsy problems. It would be a shame to cut him now, after he has matured and worked out most of his problems. Instead of cutting him, we should be reaping the rewards of all the patience with him.

But,,, if he still can't catch, drop him like a dead halibut.

Are you kidding? What has he worked out? I'll take one example because I don't think you can name one.

Mr. Drop? No, we've given him oppurtunites. You play like that in a contract year? You dont deserve to come back to the team. If he gets better with another team, I wont lose sleep over it. He definitely didnt pan out here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom