Will the Saints peak at the right time? (1 Viewer)

peytonknows

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Okay, every year we see it. Teams start slow and come on strong in the end and make the playoffs and although they may not make it to the Super Bowl they are playing very sound football and good on both sides of the ball. We also see the hot team in the beginning just have a total collapse in crunch time. Do we think that a couple bumps and bruises in the recent games will help this team going into a stretch of crucial games that will determine our playoff destiny. We started off well, actually almost too well. We went on the road in the first two and then played great in the dome. We then proceeded to misfire on a few games. I know that the team learns from every game and they always improve regardless of the final score. I think that we have a chance to put together a string of wins here in the later part of the season. I am very excited to see what we can do in these last few games and if we catch fire and beat Dallas, Carolina and Atlanta that will be a huge part of the playoff picture and also the Giants will be huge (even though every game is), I sure hope that we fix our mistakes and play with heart and passion in the upcoming weeks. Here is to the Saints catching fire and surprising people in the playoffs.

Marlboro Man

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
The Saints have peaked already and are scrambling to try to stay on top but don't have the defense to stay in it. After Sunday's game, we will be tied for 2nd in the division and one game away from 500.

OP
peytonknows

peytonknows

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Yea, let's start the fire with a big win VS Atlanta.
Yea, that would be nice. I hope we get the sweep ATL, no better time to start the fire than now. Where is LSSpam when you need him? He always has good insight.

ReVolutioN80

Very Banned
Reaction score
The Saints have peaked already and are scrambling to try to stay on top but don't have the defense to stay in it. After Sunday's game, we will be tied for 2nd in the division and one game away from 500.
So your implying that were going to lose to atl sunday? Get off this board you dirtybird.

MJ in Calif

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

Defense has had some breakdowns but the more telling stat are the turnovers and that has been the difference in the past two losses more so than the defense. So, you're basically calling it a loss this coming Sunday? I would think most of us would have learned by now that we need to see what transpires on the field 1st before writing them off. Falcons are imploding right now. The Saints offense is probably the best in the NFC and I don't think anyone can stop their offense. They've been stopping and beating themselves the past two games. Cut down on the turnovers, and perhaps create a few, and the Saints can turn this around very quickly.

hardhead233

In Bresus we trust
Reaction score
Its hard to say at this point, if we can manage to win in ATL I think that will give us a lot of confidence, historically the Falcons and the Saints have fizzled out at the end and Carloina has come on strong, and at this point it seems like its going that way, Carolina is starting to hit their stride, with the kind of defense they have up front they should be pretty strong at the end. I'm not sure about us. A lot of people were talking about Cincy and it being a must win but in all honestly it wasn't really because it was an AFC opponent and the NFC is still very wide open and final playoffs spots probably won't be determined till the last week or two. This game this week is way more important then Cincy for obvious reason, division, keep pace with Carolina, and a win on the road which is always good....A win in Atlanta and we're back on track.

hardhead233

In Bresus we trust
Reaction score
Defense has had some breakdowns but the more telling stat are the turnovers and that has been the difference in the past two losses more so than the defense. So, you're basically calling it a loss this coming Sunday? I would think most of us would have learned by now that we need to see what transpires on the field 1st before writing them off. Falcons are imploding right now. The Saints offense is probably the best in the NFC and I don't think anyone can stop their offense. They've been stopping and beating themselves the past two games. Cut down on the turnovers, and perhaps create a few, and the Saints can turn this around very quickly.
I agree with you here while our defense will give up big plays its the turnovers that we haven't been able to overcome, if we cut those down we can score some points, however the Colston injury worries me a little though, Copper and Henderson need to continue to make plays and hold on to the ball.....

DrDaddyeaux

Chalmation Nation!
Reaction score
If (and it's a BIG if mind you) the SAINTS Coaches are on their toes here, we'll see a very focused and controled team hit the field. I don't want Drew to hold back just 'cause he made a few bad thows, it's not his first season so I figure his leadership will right this T/O gap we have right now. Let's let Deuce run wild and maybe make a few catches himself! Deuce in the open field is more dangerous than Reggie, IMHO.

I just KNOW we can handle this falcons team! Cut loose and play the kind of ball they are capable of and there is no stopping this version of the SAINTS!

Our Defense won't let us down either. The play of the line and the LB's ( The Mighty Whities!) has been great with the occasional meltdown by our Secondary but the "O"-Line has been GREAT too!

I really have seen some inspired ballers on this SAINTS team and feel confident. I also feel the Coaches already knew how much the NFC games were going to be and will be prepared for the rest of them.

Someone mentioned Drew having a "Dead Arm" by season's end from throwing so much. Is there such a thing? It seems to me, and again it's JMHO, Drew looks cool and confident but just last game he seemed to force the balls into tight coverage or was trying too hard to make a play.

Let DEUCE LOOSE and Reggie GEAUX !!!!

We'll be FINE and roll through this NFC run we have coming up. After all, we've seen some really fine ball from our team and I see no reason why that would change. In fact, I believe we'll just get better as long as we stay healthy.

domedog316

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Marlboro Man, I won't stoop to insulting you like others......I've seen plenty of posts from you that show you are a smart guy, and a Saints fan.

Dude, you really need a perspective check though. I don't know if you are just trying to stir the pot or what but if you really do believe the things you're postin' lately then maybe you should just take a break or find another team to root for.

The fact that we could lose to ATL is in the back of every Saints fans mind, so why do you feel it's so important to point it out? What were you saying after the preseason where we went 1-3? What were you saying after we started
5-1?

I don't have the time nor inclination to go look it up but I would guess you were on the bandwagon after the Eagles win. ( I could be totally wrong, so If I am I apologize in advance ). I guess what I'm tryin' to say is if you want off the train just jump.....you don't have to make others lives miserable!

Jake

Banned
Reaction score
I am not going to call people out one by one anymore b/c it is pointless. It is obvious that about half of you don't watch the games very closely. Anyway, what i am going to say is that the saints haven't traditionaly been one of these teams. If this is truly "a different team" like we were saying early in the year then that is exactly what will happen. we will have a surge going into the stretch here and secure a playoff spot. If this doesn't happen we will have to hope for the best next year. We have a lot of TO's and this is a young team

boxerharley

Very Banned
Reaction score
Please dont call me a dirty turd, but I think we have peaked, that D we been pretending with, is exposed every which way but lose. Our secondary is worse than I thought it would be. Im not a Debbie Downer here, so dont get me wrong. But I think our D has reached its potential..A few draft picks and Free agency PU's and we win the SP next year...MARK MY WORDS BOYS !!!!!

Jake

Banned
Reaction score
Please dont call me a dirty turd, but I think we have peaked, that D we been pretending with, is exposed every which way but lose. Our secondary is worse than I thought it would be. Im not a Debbie Downer here, so dont get me wrong. But I think our D has reached its potential..A few draft picks and Free agency PU's and we win the SP next year...MARK MY WORDS BOYS !!!!!
i hope you are wrong about peaking . Our safties are horrible....just horrible. so far Harper getting injured has been the biggest thing to happen to this team this year.

birdog

SR is my life!
Reaction score

I cannot bring myself to say the Saints will lose to the dirty birds!!...I JUST CAN'T! So I'm picking the Saints to win a close game.....say, 24 to 23 Saints!.....

Now having picked the Saints to win, let me share my feelings about the matter.....the Saints have an excellent chance to LOSE THIS GAME! Here we have the 3rd team in a row who have their backs against the wall, and the FORMULA to beat the Saints IS WELL KNOWN BY NOW!!.....Get ahead early, and watch them self-destruct!!.....it worked for the Steelers, Cincy, and it will probably work for the Crows as well!....I keep hearing that we need to run more with Deuce, but I don't think Deuce IS HEALTHY ENOUGH to carry more of the work-load, so I expect the Saints to throw significantly more AGAIN!......Marlboro Man is very correct in his assessment that we just don't have the D to STOP ANYBODY, and after seeing how the Saints secondary makes EVERY WR LOOK HOF-er, is no wonder that the Crows WRs who are probably the WORST WRs in the division, WILL HAVE A PRO-BOWL DAY AGAINST THIS SAINTS SECONDARY!

Here's something to consider.......in the first game against the Crows, the Saints had man to man coverages in the secondary.........and they were very successful!! I bet this time they revert to the same failed ZONE COVERAGES which plagues them in ALL THEIR LOSSES!!.......I wonder how many of us will notice........

But as I said.......I JUST CAN'T PICK AGAINST THE SAINTS IN THIS GAME!!....This game is THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON, as far as I'm concerned!!.....I would give up a playoff berth for THIS VICTORY!!

geaux Saints!

xtremc5

Reaction score
All we can do is hope and pray that they start getting hot. Wait a minute, we just had almost 600 yards of offense, we can't get much hotter. We need the defense to light it up.

TheDeuce53

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score

Why do you even watch the games on sunday?.. oh yeah, you probably don't

because IF you did you would realize that as bad as the saints are playing, the falcons are playing MUCH MUCH worse

we would be 8-2 right now without the 7 turnovers over the last 2 games... the falcons have just been terrible...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Saints social media reactions to Joe Burrow’s Thursday Night Football debut Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Film Study: Saints defense faces tough test in Josh Jacobs Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints activate Washington off COVID reserve; Thomas DNP SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints Thursday Injury Report: 2020 Week 2 at Las Vegas Raiders... Five New Orleans players listed in Thursday's report SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints starting receivers Thomas, Sanders miss practice SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints-Raiders Preview SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus New Orleans Saints prepared to forge ahead if Michael Thomas cannot play SR News Page Articles 0
Michael Thomas injury: Here's what Saints did on 13 snaps without star WR in Buccaneers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Is the Saints defensive line primed for a big 2020? 'We could be special' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints preparing for 'hard bubble' in Las Vegas, can't go 'roll some dice' due to coronavirus rules Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints At Raiders Thursday injury report: Michael Thomas misses practice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints activate RB Dwayne Washington from reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints Michael Thomas, Marcus Davenport miss practice; Sanders absence not injury related Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Thomas, Davenport out while Ruiz, Williams return to practice for Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze Week 2: Saints Injury Report with Thomas, Davenport Listed Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Friends said 'Why the Saints? Nobody likes them!' But this Canadian became a Who Dat anyhow Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus New Orleans Saints legend Marques Colston announced as 2021 Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame inductee SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Broncos poach Saints practice squad LB Anthony Chickillo SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints Defense at Raiders Offense Preview SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Nine former Saints among the 130 Nominees for the 2021 Hall of Fame SR News Page Articles 0
jasonsw Saints Which unexpected Saints player will make a big play on MNF? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 27
Saints-Raiders get 'The Killers' halftime show on MNF, but they won't be at Allegiant Stadium Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints-Raiders featured in ESPN’s multi-network presentation Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
4 daily fantasy players from Week 2: Saints vs Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Film Study: How Saints rushing offense lines up vs. Raiders rushing defense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Film Study: Saints secondary faces young Raiders passing attack Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Interview with the Enemy: Las Vegas Raiders expect to upset Drew Brees and the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Five questions before Week 2: New Orleans Saints at Las Vegas Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints rookie roundup: Week 1, Roach shines, Trautman plays Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 17: Saints still looking good in overall polls following week 1 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Interview: WDSU-TV’s Sharief Ishaq on Saints, Tulane, LSU, Pelicans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
gummbo70114 Rewatch Tampa versus Saints game on NFL network at 7 PM central time Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Dan in Lafayette Saints presently 8.5 million under the cap Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 28
KingNene The Saints focus on Special Teams wins them ball games. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Gentilly504 Over or Under(ratings)for Saints Monday Night Game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Dan in Lafayette WATCH: Baldy's Breakdowns highlights Saints offensive line vs. Bucs SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints vs. Raiders: 3 Things to Watch in Week 2 SR News Page Articles 0
Emmanuel Sanders says Saints and Brees are unified, ready to pick up slack for Michael Thomas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze Saints vs. Raiders: 3 Things to Watch in Week 2 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Super Bowl LV odds: Saints atop the NFC Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Through 2 weeks, Saints still haven't protected a practice squad player SR News Page Articles 0
What will Saints do offensively without Michael Thomas? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints’ Trey Hendrickson Is a Breakout Name to Know This Fall SR News Page Articles 3
Saints P Thomas Morstead wins NFC special teams player of the week for Week 1 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints remain one of the NFL’s best in Week 2 Power Rankings Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints keeping it (under) 100... Everything you need to know about the defense's 44-game streak Saints RSS News Feeds 1
The Saints face a tough challenge after losing Michael Thomas for several weeks Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints punter Thomas Morstead NFC special teams player of the week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints balance the workload between Alvin Kamara and Latavius Murray in Week 1 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 16: A look at the Saints receivers corps following Michael Thomas injury Saints RSS News Feeds 0