Will the Saints peak at the right time? (1 Viewer)

The Saints have peaked already and are scrambling to try to stay on top but don't have the defense to stay in it. After Sunday's game, we will be tied for 2nd in the division and one game away from 500.

Why do you even watch the games on sunday?.. oh yeah, you probably don't

because IF you did you would realize that as bad as the saints are playing, the falcons are playing MUCH MUCH worse

we would be 8-2 right now without the 7 turnovers over the last 2 games... the falcons have just been terrible...

I cannot bring myself to say the Saints will lose to the dirty birds!!...I JUST CAN'T! So I'm picking the Saints to win a close game.....say, 24 to 23 Saints!.....

and the FORMULA to beat the Saints IS WELL KNOWN BY NOW!!.....Get ahead early, and watch them self-destruct!!.....it worked for the Steelers, Cincy, and it will probably work for the Crows as well!....I keep hearing that we need to run more with Deuce, but I don't think Deuce IS HEALTHY ENOUGH to carry more of the work-load, so I expect the

geaux Saints!

Green Bay? 13-0? we win ?

Steelers? 14-0? we come back and have lead at the half? even when we were down 14 late in the 4th, we were on the comeback trail

i think you have that formula confused with the Falcons... they are the team that cannot come back from a deficit

Normally to get hot down the stretch the defense has to play dominantly, few mistakes and your offense to click

Bar the offense clicking that sounds a lot more like the Panthers than us. Thie offense isn't clicking but I don't expect Delhomme to play this badly going forward. DeAngelo Williams has given their running game a boost and the D looked awesome holding the Rams to zip for the 1st time in 8 years. The Bengals had 3 offensive lineman out on Sunday including their LT and we managed 1 sack and very little pressure on Palmer. We caused no turnovers against Pittsburgh when every team is forcing Roethlisberger into at least 3 picks. I think we could win our next 2 games and sneak into the playoffs, but won't do much come January. Hopefully Payton can guide us to the playoffs with a defense devoid of talent and add some in the forthcoming seasons. This franchise will not win it all overnight. Especially with some of our defensive starters

I think we are going to see in four or five days. Atlanta is reeling and needs a win bad and they are at home and smarting from the Monday night loss in September. If we can go in, cut the mistakes and play a strong frou quarters, and come out with a win, it will tell us alot about the potential over the last 5 games. My bet is we will get back on track Sunday.

Please dont call me a dirty turd, but I think we have peaked, that D we been pretending with, is exposed every which way but lose. Our secondary is worse than I thought it would be. Im not a Debbie Downer here, so dont get me wrong. But I think our D has reached its potential..A few draft picks and Free agency PU's and we win the SP next year...MARK MY WORDS BOYS !!!!!

Again, I would just like to point out that it's the turnovers that have hurt the Saints over the last two games more than anything else. You cut those turnovers in half and the Saints win both of those games irrespective of the big plays given up by the D. The same can be said for this Sunday. The Falcons are missing some key D personnel and are reeling. The Saints have the personnel to exploit that big time and look for another big day for Brees and company, but again, cut down on the turnovers at crucial times and I think they'll be fine.

Now with respect to the D, it does appear the injury to Harper has hurt the secondary, and couple that with Freddie T battling an injury, they have been exposed. I'm not sure what Bullocks is doing back there as he appears lost. My question to Gibbs is why don't they just blitz more? I mean what could it hurt? Send the house on 2nd and 3rd downs and see how they handle it.

It's amazing how much we truly were needing Harper in the defensive line-up and what a drop-off that we've seen in the defense since his injury.
I actually thought once while watching him early in the season how disasterous it would be to lose him to an injury. That nightmare came true. :(

However, I truly believe that there isn't a giant chasm between the worst DB in the NFL and the best. Just to make it in the NFL requires an enormous amount of talent. Where the struggling DBs usually come up short is in the areas of speed, technique, and heart.

Just getting our boys to adjust the last two things on that list can make up for a lot of shortcomings.

Good Coaching and Pride can go a long way! :9:

Dude, you really need a perspective check though. I don't know if you are just trying to stir the pot or what but if you really do believe the things you're postin' lately then maybe you should just take a break or find another team to root for.

The fact that we could lose to ATL is in the back of every Saints fans mind, so why do you feel it's so important to point it out? What were you saying after the preseason where we went 1-3? What were you saying after we started
5-1?

I don't have the time nor inclination to go look it up but I would guess you were on the bandwagon after the Eagles win. ( I could be totally wrong, so If I am I apologize in advance ). I guess what I'm tryin' to say is if you want off the train just jump.....you don't have to make others lives miserable!

Don't even try to figure it out DD. Some people are pessimists by nature - I'm sure you know the type - the guy who always seems to be looking for the negative side of things. I'll never understand the psychology of it, and much prefer to take the optimistic approach to everything in my life. Some people just like to be miserable I guess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom