Will the Saints "spy" Cam Newton? (1 Viewer)

Good question, seems like we barely have enough "D" to play a conventional scheme let alone giving up a player to "spy". JMO

Question is who could fill that role?
Typcially would it be a SS but we need KV to take care of Olsen.

My guess is therefore that they will use Edebali again on passing downs and give him the job of a read-pass rusher and a cleaner when he starts scrambling.
Thats how they have used him last year and this year a lot already.

But could also be that they will unleash KV early in the game to let Cam now that the battle is on, when he tries to run the ball.

We've played this song and dance before and it usually ends up with us getting shredded. I say we play man coverage and send the house at cam early and often.

The only way to disrupt him is to get in his face and set the edge. If he has to throw under pressure it starts getting ugly for him.

When we've played it "safe" they've run all over us.

I'd rather us play like we have nothing to lose and blitz him for 60 minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I hope the Panthers decide to protect Cam by keeping him in the pocket lol.

We've played this song and dance before and it usually ends up with us getting shredded. I say we play man coverage and send the house at cam early and often.

The only way to disrupt him is to get in his face and set the edge. If he has to throw under pressure it starts getting ugly for him.

When we've played it "safe" they've run all over us.

I'm in favor of this game plan, but it's been a while since we've been creative against the Panthers.

My fear is that we'll "play it safe" and Cam ends up having a big day. I believe we have to be aggressive against him.

I'm worried about Cam's running and Olsen. I think we've got the rest of it.

Using a LB for spying, will open up a zone for G.Olsen to exploit.

Spying has to be used sparingly.

THIS!!!!

Spying is best used on QBs who run first, pass second. Cam, though he does run a good bit, seems to be a pass first guy now or at least is trending that way.

Greg Olsen is already dangerous and seems to make mincemeat of us twice a season. If we make it easier for him, this will be a long, long day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom