Will this years super bowl winner be a hollow victory (1 Viewer)

SaintsBrah

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I can almost hear it already

“well a lot of players didn’t play due to Covid”

“Well a lot of guys had to miss games bc of COVID IR mid season”

“well there were special circumstances that year and no fans”

not saying it’s right- but I feel like this will be said

“Well the saints only won SBs due to bountygate and Covid “

UGH !!

No such thing as a hollow SB Victory. If anything this will be the hardest year ever to win one. The Saints will not only be battling other teams but Covid also. Staying healthy will require a lot of discipline.

I don’t think so. If the season is pulled off at all then people are going to really appreciate the escape it gives and it will certainly be remembered. The only way I can imagine it being hollow is if every team ends up limping to the finish line as a shell of itself. It would in all likelihood be cancelled before that happened.

I believe that this season... however long that it lasts... will be full of surprises. I predict more than the usual number of upsets and generally sloppier play than we're accustomed to. One thing for sure is the 2020 season will be memorable for a number of reasons but I don't believe that a Superbowl victory this year will be tainted.

Staying COVID-19 free will require a new type of discipline and the most-disciplined teams are more likely to make the playoffs and advance through them. In a normal year, the better teams that are relatively major injury-free tend to advance and this year will be no different except teams must also deal with the additional complications of losing players to COVID IR.

As is generally the case, the deeper talented teams have an advantage but that could certainly be eroded by a serious outbreak of the virus.

If all 32 teams start and run through the season under the same rules of engagement, then no, it wouldn’t be a hollow victory to win the SB. It would mean our best was better than everyone’s best.

I just wanna see Drew Brees “win” another small child after the last game of the year.

878E70CA-CED4-4537-BE9B-1162C6AECA8B.jpeg

Different? Yes. Hollow? No. This year will rely heavily on experience, organization and coaching. It bodes well for the Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom