Will this years super bowl winner be a hollow victory (1 Viewer)

I'm sure you'll have folks saying these kinds of things, but IR is a normal part of the NFL. The teams who get lucky or manage health problems the best normally rise to the top.

To call it hollow because of covid is to make excuses for not winning. So, it's only hollow if you buy into what a hater tells you to think about the season. Unless you are the hater.

If every team makes it to eight games, I wouldn’t be surprised if they call the season and postpone till the playoffs.

I think If they make it that far, we may be over the hump with the virus.

That would put a LOT of power into the Commissioner's hands. If Goodell's teams are in, he may call it early.

I think it would be anything but hollow. IF this season kicks off and we get a full season and we can get to the Superbowl and the Saints are victorious....
It would be a tremendous journey through a lot of adversity and obstacles. So we would deserve to be considered champions just as much if not more than previous teams.

Teams that play in cities with the highest per capita active cases are at the biggest disadvantage. I think New Orleans Saints, Miami Dolphins, Los Angeles Chargers, and Washington Redskins may the worst. New York teams are probably in the best shape.

I can almost hear it already

“well a lot of players didn’t play due to Covid”

“Well a lot of guys had to miss games bc of COVID IR mid season”

“well there were special circumstances that year and no fans”

not saying it’s right- but I feel like this will be said
Absolutely! That’s why the NFL should put away their greed for one season and let everything get back to normal or new normal. The players make enough to where one season off should not kill them. Our team has probably the best roster in the league right now and I love football with a passion but I do not want an asterisk by our championship and there will be one. If they play this season with no fans at games and possible key personnel missing due to quarantine. It will be talked about forever that it wasn’t a real championship. That is just a fact and the league is always looking for a way to discredit us.

I think it would be anything but hollow. IF this season kicks off and we get a full season and we can get to the Superbowl and the Saints are victorious....
It would be a tremendous journey through a lot of adversity and obstacles. So we would deserve to be considered champions just as much if not more than previous teams.
But you know as well as I that it will not go that way especially if it’s us that wins the Super Bowl. When have they ever acted that way for us? A lot of people tried to discredit our legit Super Bowl saying it was sympathy from Katrina that got us that championship. I love our team and I wish things would go the way you say but I have no faith in the NFL to do anything right when it comes to our franchise.

Different? Yes. Hollow? No. This year will rely heavily on experience, organization and coaching. It bodes well for the Saints.
My thoughts exactly. A SB win will be a testament to the organization, not to mention the players who make it to the end.

Then why are you on a football forum and talking about a football game? You're inherently funding that very product's forum by visiting and viewing their ads. I'll never understand people who complain that a product shouldn't be supported and are yet somehow still around. Keep it a hundred, stay and support or be quiet and make better use of your time.
I doubt my post sends any money to the NFL other than my 2 cents. Otherwise, I still come for Saints memories and a little other trolling.

Nope, in fact this may be the most difficult year to ever win a Superbowl.

For the very reasons stated. Teams having to deal with players simply opting out, having to use a replacement player. No homefield advantage for some teams where other teams will (could) have fans. Teams getting hit with covid IR, etc.

Now the covid IR really isn't different than a player getting injured, but if a player isn't showing signs and has to sit at home for 3 weeks that will hurt at team, especially if it is a big name player.

So IMHO, like I stated at the beginning, this will be one of the hardest years to win it all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom