Will this years super bowl winner be a hollow victory (1 Viewer)

In before people change their answers at the end of the season depending upon the outcome.
That's basically what it comes down too though.

If your team wins it? Of course it's not hollow.
If it's a team you have no real emotion over? Meh.
If it's a team you hate? HOLLOW!!!!

Heck, I'm probably a case of that. Let the Falcons win it all this season and I'll be screaming at their fans it was hollow :hihi:

Honestly, my real wonder is how will the Super Bowl look next year if the NFL gets to that point. Will we be able to allow SOME fans in by then? Part of the Super Bowl is the spectacle and you know the NFL (and hell likely the government) will want to use the event as a way to signify "America is (coming) back!"

I understand how the fans could feel it's a "hollow victory".

But I do believe another Super Bowl victory this year, Covid season and all, cements Brees' legacy as one of the G.O.A.T.s.

Without another ring, it gives the spleenless pukes of the world, like Chris Simms, #punchableface, to not put Drew in his top ten of current QBs.

Our first Super Bowl was for me. The second one can be for Drew. He earned it.

It will be hollow only if the powers-that-be choose to tag it with an asterisk. They're pretty good at making good into bad and right into wrong.

No such thing as a hollow SB Victory. If anything this will be the hardest year ever to win one. The Saints will not only be battling other teams but Covid also. Staying healthy will require a lot of discipline.
Exactly!

No such thing as a hollow SB Victory. If anything this will be the hardest year ever to win one. The Saints will not only be battling other teams but Covid also. Staying healthy will require a lot of discipline.

Exactly this. Everyone is playing under the same rules. I think winning it this year, with all the added distractions, will be especially noteworthy.

2018 was the hollowest and is why this product should no longer be funded

Then why are you on a football forum and talking about a football game? You're inherently funding that very product's forum by visiting and viewing their ads. I'll never understand people who complain that a product shouldn't be supported and are yet somehow still around. Keep it a hundred, stay and support or be quiet and make better use of your time.

No. If you manage to beat all the teams on your schedule that you have to on top of beating COVID better than the rest of the league, you deserve an asterisk maybe for the most difficult season ever.

(Still doubt they make it to mid-season, much less the playoffs and Super Bowl.)

No. If you manage to beat all the teams on your schedule that you have to on top of beating COVID better than the rest of the league, you deserve an asterisk maybe for the most difficult season ever.

(Still doubt they make it to mid-season, much less the playoffs and Super Bowl.)
If every team makes it to eight games, I wouldn’t be surprised if they call the season and postpone till the playoffs.

I think it is the opposite. Whoever wins the SB this year (if there is one) will hear about how they didn't beat the best competition because the season was cut short, or top players (possibly whole teams) were out.

I can almost hear it already

“well a lot of players didn’t play due to Covid”

“Well a lot of guys had to miss games bc of COVID IR mid season”

“well there were special circumstances that year and no fans”

not saying it’s right- but I feel like this will be said
I think if the positive test are minimal I don't think we here the asterisk stuff. Things have calmed down a whole lot in the NBA when it comes to placing an asterisk on their champion.

If we hoist the Lombardi, it sure won't be hollow for me. I will be as proud as a peacock. As for anyone else's opinion, I can't control that so I don't spend time worrying about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom