Other Will we Pick up Another NT? (2 Viewers)

Here's another guy Khyiris Tonga- DT, 6'4"/321, BYU. We could probably pick him up somewhere between 3rd - 5th rounds.

Tonga possesses the size and athleticism to be a dominant force on the field. Explosive, wide-bodied defender who takes up a lot of room in the middle of the line, keeps his feet moving. He has a solid first step off the snap.
Not much of a pass rusher, will get a few sacks here and there and doesn't make a lot of plays behind the line of scrimmage.
I believe Nielson could work with this guy to help him be more productive and turn him a good solid player.

Here's another guy Khyiris Tonga- DT, 6'4"/321, BYU. We could probably pick him up somewhere between 3rd - 5th rounds.

Tonga possesses the size and athleticism to be a dominant force on the field. Explosive, wide-bodied defender who takes up a lot of room in the middle of the line, keeps his feet moving. He has a solid first step off the snap.
Not much of a pass rusher, will get a few sacks here and there and doesn't make a lot of plays behind the line of scrimmage.
I believe Nielson could work with this guy to help him be more productive and turn him a good solid player.

This is my argument for Milton Williams and Jonathan Marshall.

Why waste roster space on Lineman who can't rush the passer?

Exactly. NFL is all about trying to find a way to interupt and pressure a QB now. Those days of hoping a QB will miss thier target are long gone.

Also you hope that a player who can get to the QB, will also be effective at stopping the run.

Exactly. NFL is all about trying to find a way to interupt and pressure a QB now. Those days of hoping a QB will miss thier target are long gone.

Also you hope that a player who can get to the QB, will also be effective at stopping the run.

As Gregg Williams and Buddy Ryan used to always say "Stop the run on the way to the QB."

People need to reimagine the NT position as pocket collapsers mainly instead of 1 dimensional run stuffers.

The days of Hollis Thomas are over.

I totally agree with you. I was just thinking of getting him later in the draft because he would be more of a project. I like Williams and Marshall with the early picks. They are ready now to play in a rotation, They are more of the penetrating type DT"s. Tonga is probably more of a project. I believe he needs to polish his technique and gain some strength. I think Neilsen could help with that and in a couple of years he would still be a cheap replacement for in case we lose some more D-Linemen to FA.

Well we can scratch DaQuan Jones of the list. He signed with the Panthers today. So there's just Geno Atkins, Gerald McCoy, Maurice Hurst and Sheldon Richardson left on the market. Is there a chance the Saints sign at least one of these guys after the draft?

Well we can scratch DaQuan Jones of the list. He signed with the Panthers today. So there's just Geno Atkins, Gerald McCoy, Maurice Hurst and Sheldon Richardson left on the market. Is there a chance the Saints sign at least one of these guys after the draft?
Man i straight up want McCoy been hopjng since 2019 FA he would go to N O. Have mad respect for him. Especially after he stood up for and got Drews back last summer

Man i straight up want McCoy been hopjng since 2019 FA he would go to N O. Have mad respect for him. Especially after he stood up for and got Drews back last summer
Yeah myself would like the combination of McCoy and Maurice Hurst. Hurst is still relatively young, we could probably sign him for relatively cheap. McCoy is a little older but he still has some gas left in the tank, he may cost a little more to bring in. I don't see us bringing in anyone else until after the draft. I could be wrong, but I think after the draft during that 2nd wave of FA's, they will come a little cheaper.

Last edited:
Another one of our DT's I'm anxious to see how much he has progressed from last season is Malcolm Roach. He flashed a few times last season. I hope he gets more playing time this season.

Well we just lost another DT on the list of FA's. Maurice Hurst signed with the Whiners. I believe we need another FA DT for that veteran presence to mentor the younger D-Linemen and for quality depth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom