Other Will we Pick up Another NT? (2 Viewers)

B_doggman47

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I was just wondering if we will either sign or draft a Nose Tackle since we don't have Malcom Brown anymore. The only ones we have left are DT's and not really considered NT's.
1. David Onyemata- 6'4"/300#
2. Shy Tuttle- 6'3"/300#
3. Ryan Glasgow- 6'3"/300#
4. Malcolm Roach- 6'3"/290#
5. Jalen Dalton- 6'6"/300#
6. Christian Ringo- 6'1"/300#

We need that big hole plugger space eater type in the middle that Brown was for us the past 2 years. We need someone in the range of 320# to 330#. The only one in FA I can see worth a look is Danny Shelton, who is relatively still young at 28 and would probably come pretty cheap. I think we also need to draft a NT too. The best all around NT's I've done some research on so far is:
1. Bobby Brown III- NT, 6'3"/325#, Texas A&M, Stout in the middle against the run and can collapse the pocket.
2. Alim McNeil- NT, 6'2"/320#, NC St. good against the run, won't get you many sacks. Needs to get better technique.
3. Glen Logan- NT, 6'3"/339#, LSU, can be an immovable object in the middle of a D-Line. Can't find much information on him.
I was also thinking maybe a guy like Christian Barmore could work at the NT position. He is 6'4"/310#. Was reading a bio on him that says he plays the run and rushes the passer exceptionally well.
What are y'all's thoughts on this.

Adding a space-eater would really help. One the position hole, and two we just need another body to keep up the rotation we had last year. Even if Tuttle/Roach takes over Rankins/Brown's 760 snaps, somebody needs to compete to take over their 559 snaps. Might as well be a build you are missing.

I'd just look to the draft if it was me. Get the type of athlete you want and let Neilsen develop him.

Alim McNeil would be the best-case scenario imo.
Tyler Shelvin was also good for LSU if his weight issue isn't too big a red flag.

Last edited:
Christian Barmore can dominate and wreak havoc by taking over and dominating the line of scrimmage. He is a beast.
Just ask LSU, or any team in the SEC.

At the beginning of this offseason he was my choice for pick number 28. Now he might not be available at 28, plus I am leaning for us to take a CB.
Both DL and CB are a must, but add also a ILB. So which way do we go ? I like Joe Horn, or the new man crush Greg Newsome at CB.
I don't know much about DL other than the guy from Notre Dame who I can't begin to spell his name. I like Jalean Phillips also at EDGE or DE.
There are other quality starter DL in the Draft but I just haven't gotten deep into research yet. And what about ILB Zaven Collins. Will he be there for us in the First Round ?
And what about WR ? Man there are a lot of size and speed guys that are first rounders. But in the Second Rounders. One I like that is not talked about much is JK Trask out of Texas Tech. He is 6'6", 210 pounds, and runs and jumps like a gazelle, very athletic and one hi light shown around is a one handed leaping catch that is unbelievable.
Then there are several 4.2, and 4.3 wide receivers. One guy to look for in the Second Round is Montrelle Moore, runs a 4.3, and jumps 42". I may have his name butchered here but what a prospect.

So many ways to go in the Draft. It's a good year for us to have so many early round picks. Especially now that we have like 7-8 picks, like 2 in the Third Round. We currently have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. That's Great ! It's a strong and deep Draft.

Is Kwon Alexander going to be ready for training camp, or the start of the season ? I find it odd that there is silence from him and the SAINTS. Could that
be a sign that he wants to come back at a friendly contract number. The SAINTS have been quite like this before.

So like I said there are so many ways we could go in this DRAFT, but back to your question. Yes absolutely, Christian Barmore would be a Great add to our roster if he is even there for us to pick at number 28.

Christian Barmore can dominate and wreak havoc by taking over and dominating the line of scrimmage. He is a beast.
Just ask LSU, or any team in the SEC.

At the beginning of this offseason he was my choice for pick number 28. Now he might not be available at 28, plus I am leaning for us to take a CB.
Both DL and CB are a must, but add also a ILB. So which way do we go ? I like Joe Horn, or the new man crush Greg Newsome at CB.
I don't know much about DL other than the guy from Notre Dame who I can't begin to spell his name. I like Jalean Phillips also at EDGE or DE.
There are other quality starter DL in the Draft but I just haven't gotten deep into research yet. And what about ILB Zaven Collins. Will he be there for us in the First Round ?
And what about WR ? Man there are a lot of size and speed guys that are first rounders. But in the Second Rounders. One I like that is not talked about much is JK Trask out of Texas Tech. He is 6'6", 210 pounds, and runs and jumps like a gazelle, very athletic and one hi light shown around is a one handed leaping catch that is unbelievable.
Then there are several 4.2, and 4.3 wide receivers. One guy to look for in the Second Round is Montrelle Moore, runs a 4.3, and jumps 42". I may have his name butchered here but what a prospect.

So many ways to go in the Draft. It's a good year for us to have so many early round picks. Especially now that we have like 7-8 picks, like 2 in the Third Round. We currently have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. That's Great ! It's a strong and deep Draft.

Is Kwon Alexander going to be ready for training camp, or the start of the season ? I find it odd that there is silence from him and the SAINTS. Could that
be a sign that he wants to come back at a friendly contract number. The SAINTS have been quite like this before.

So like I said there are so many ways we could go in this DRAFT, but back to your question. Yes absolutely, Christian Barmore would be a Great add to our roster if he is even there for us to pick at number 28.

I was thinking he'd be gone. If anyone was looking at DT mid-round I figured they grab him. He could be there though, it's not crazy. Not sure if anyone else is 1st round worthy at DT.

Last edited:
I wasn't thinking he'd be gone. If anyone was looking at DT mid-round I figured they grab him. He could be there though, it's not crazy. Not sure if anyone else is 1st round worthy at DT.

Christian Barmore is the second rated interior defensive lineman according to a couple of sites I visited. That's fine. A better possibility that he is ours at 28.

I don’t know if Glen Logan is truly 339lbs, if so he’s added on a lot of weight which could effect his abilities. Logan has been a DE for LSU and maintained around 270-290lbs. Logan was never a physically superior athlete, but he is a non-stop motor guy who plays his heart out every snap so I don’t know if just adding weight will do much to help him.

Tyler Shelvin is who I like in the later rounds. He chose to sit out last year but the kid is a true NT who can eat blocks and stop the run. Not much of a pass rusher at all though.

I was just wondering if we will either sign or draft a Nose Tackle since we don't have Malcom Brown anymore. The only ones we have left are DT's and not really considered NT's.
2. Shy Tuttle- 6'3"/300#

We need that big hole plugger space eater type in the middle that Brown was for us the past 2 years. We need someone in the range of 320# to 330#. The only one in FA I can see worth a look is Danny Shelton, who is relatively still young at 28 and would probably come pretty cheap. I think we also need to draft a NT too. The best all around NT's I've done some research on so far is:
1. Bobby Brown III- NT, 6'3"/325#, Texas A&M, Stout in the middle against the run and can collapse the pocket.
2. Alim McNeil- NT, 6'2"/320#, NC St. good against the run, won't get you many sacks. Needs to get better technique.
3. Glen Logan- NT, 6'3"/339#, LSU, can be an immovable object in the middle of a D-Line. Can't find much information on him.
I was also thinking maybe a guy like Christian Barmore could work at the NT position. He is 6'4"/310#. Was reading a bio on him that says he plays the run and rushes the passer exceptionally well.
Glenn Logan is not in this draft, He stayed at LSU for 2021 using the 1 time Covid loophole the NCAA offered.

2. Shy Tuttle- 6'3"/300#

They'll draft one in the mid rounds. They are only rotational players and Saints will want a cheap contract there as this is the same team that successfully drafted John Jenkins and Tyeler Davison w/ both providing significant value as rookies.

Ehhhh... Expecting a rookie run stuffer to fill 400+ snap is but unrealistic. The answer is that we are just gonna take the hit in run defense and be light.

It takes a lot of high IQ and shooting the right gaps. Which is what we are really gonna miss with Rankins and Brown. They predicted plays and where students of the game with high level IQ.

I think we may have just addressed the NT/DT position by signing Tanoh Kpassagnon. He was a force at DT for them & seemed to have most of his success on the inside. I think he could be a hybrid inside pressure player on rush downs.

He's not a DT, he is an edge rusher that may be used inside on obvious passing downs no different than Davenport or Jordan.

Glenn Logan is not in this draft, He stayed at LSU for 2021 using the 1 time Covid loophole the NCAA offered.
I read back in January that he had chosen to go back to LSU. Now he is on some draft prospect lists for this years' draft. So I put his name out there just for in case he had changed his mind.

Ehhhh... Expecting a rookie run stuffer to fill 400+ snap is but unrealistic. The answer is that we are just gonna take the hit in run defense and be light.

It takes a lot of high IQ and shooting the right gaps. Which is what we are really gonna miss with Rankins and Brown. They predicted plays and where students of the game with high level IQ.

Still gotta draft somebody & let em take their lumps. They've been talking to NT prospects (McNeil, Tufele, etc). I guess they'll rotate with Tuttle

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom