Other Will we Pick up Another NT? (1 Viewer)

I hope that the saints take a look at current free agent DaQuan Jones from the titans.

He is not flashy, but does the job against the run. And he is relatively young.

I hope that the saints take a look at current free agent DaQuan Jones from the titans.

He is not flashy, but does the job against the run. And he is relatively young.

They need to jump all over that

It's a lot easier to gain weight than it is to gain talent. DT is a possible need. Lots of young unproven guys on the roster. But I'd focus on bringing in talent that can stop the run more than bringing in a fat guy that would only be useful on a few snaps per series. I'm also not a big fan of drafting NTs...they eat their way out of the league here in New Orleans.

It's a lot easier to gain weight than it is to gain talent. DT is a possible need. Lots of young unproven guys on the roster. But I'd focus on bringing in talent that can stop the run more than bringing in a fat guy that would only be useful on a few snaps per series. I'm also not a big fan of drafting NTs...they eat their way out of the league here in New Orleans.

I only remember John Jenkins backpedaling his way out

I'm hoping we go LB or CB in first round. The draft is deep with D-Linemen this year, we will probably be able find what we need somewhere between rounds 2 -4.

Good observation. Saints need a run stuffer... you can generally get those later... it’s an important but generally devalued position.

There was this tandem called “The Heavy Lunch Bunch” Norman Hand and Grady Jackson. Pretty sure both had eating problems while in N.O.

Yeah I remember them. Hand even had his own wing restaurant if I remember correctly. No wonder he ate himself outta NOLA lol. But my point was I don't recall that being the case with Jenkins. He just str8up sucked

Yeah I remember them. Hand even had his own wing restaurant if I remember correctly. No wonder he ate himself outta NOLA lol. But my point was I don't recall that being the case with Jenkins. He just str8up sucked
Well coming from Georgia, Jenkins was a lot better than Sullivan who we wasted 2 1st round picks on. But Jenkins played pretty good as a rookie. Then we started changing defensive schemes and I think that kinda stunted his growth in the defense.

Well coming from Georgia, Jenkins was a lot better than Sullivan who we wasted 2 1st round picks on. But Jenkins played pretty good as a rookie. Then we started changing defensive schemes and I think that kinda stunted his growth in the defense.
HAHA. Yeah, when you are at LEAST a better grade than Sullivan. That was painful.

That's why it makes sense to stick to Nose Tackles like Nick Fairley and Broderick Bunkley.

A guy like Milton Williams would be perfect because he is super-athletic.

That's why it makes sense to stick to Nose Tackles like Nick Fairley and Broderick Bunkley.

A guy like Milton Williams would be perfect because he is super-athletic.

From what I saw in the video, he would be amazing at the NT for us. This guy is very quick and athletic and powerful enough to move those big offensive linemen. I wonder if we could get him with one of our 3rd round picks. That way we can use our 1st and 2nd on a CB and LB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom