Other Will we Pick up Another NT? (1 Viewer)

From what I saw in the video, he would be amazing at the NT for us. This guy is very quick and athletic and powerful enough to move those big offensive linemen. I wonder if we could get him with one of our 3rd round picks. That way we can use our 1st and 2nd on a CB and LB.

They could probably get him for cheaper than that. Like a 4th or 5th.

Did you see how he held up against those doubles and single blocks? Not to mention pass rush ability.

Did you see how he held up against those doubles and single blocks? Not to mention pass rush ability.
That was one of the first things I noticed. I believe if you put him and Onyemata together at the same time, because they are both powerful. They would wreak havoc on and offensive line. We'd have more production from the middle of the D-Line.

I just remembered we have Jalen Dalton that spent the whole of last season on the IR. He's 6'6"/300#. He sounds like he might be able to fit what we need, I don't really know. I need to find some information and film on him. But he looks intriguing.
You know we talk about wanting to sign this one and that one in FA and wanting to draft certain players and we may have the right personnel on the team already. Who knows. With more playing time, I think these young guys will really start to develop.

I’ve always wondered why the Ratliff type of NT doesn’t get more play at the nfl level. You can’t tell me that 30lbs of fat on a NT makes that much difference when an OC & OG go to double team a guy. Those two guys could move almost any amount of weight. Technique, strength, quickness, and instinct would all seem to be more valuable than just pure weight. IMHO

Tyler Shelvin, LSU... could be an option in the 3rd Day (rounds 4-7).

He’s right around 350lbs and a cement post in the middle of the DL. He’s not giving any pass rush, but he’s a valuable piece vs the run.

A guy like that has value.
You talk about a Man-Mountain there. He's the immovable object and the unstoppable force all in one. I believe he would do well in a rotation. I'm sure he wouldn't be able to play continuous snaps at that weight. He'd ware out. But I have faith in our trainers to get his conditioning right and his weight down some. I liked what I saw of him at LSU back in 2019. He would be real good depth and it wouldn't be long before he would establish himself as a full time starter. I just have a good feeling in my gut about him and I'm usually right.

And u know he'd put on @least 10 lbs during camp & it wouldn't affect his athleticism much plus add to his strength
I don't know if he'd need to.

He's strong enough already but if he could add 10lbs and still Run a 4.6 at 300lbs like Terron Armstead that would make him the 2nd or 3rd most athletic lineman in the league.

You talk about a Man-Mountain there. He's the immovable object and the unstoppable force all in one. I believe he would do well in a rotation. I'm sure he wouldn't be able to play continuous snaps at that weight. He'd ware out. But I have faith in our trainers to get his conditioning right and his weight down some. I liked what I saw of him at LSU back in 2019. He would be real good depth and it wouldn't be long before he would establish himself as a full time starter. I just have a good feeling in my gut about him and I'm usually right.
AS much as I think we are going lighter, faster at defense...if he fell to us, he is someone I wouldn't be unhappy with drafting. CSP doesn't care where or how you came to the building, but if you produce and progress, he would be a great audition if we got him in the 3rd.

I hope that the saints take a look at current free agent DaQuan Jones from the titans.

He is not flashy, but does the job against the run. And he is relatively young.
He would be perfect for what we need as a run stuffer and he can take on double teams and allow other players to make plays. He seems to be very powerful. I wonder if Neilsen can coach him up in his pass rush game. It may be just a matter of technique. I hope The Saints take a look at him too.

Tyler Shelvin, LSU... could be an option in the 3rd Day (rounds 4-7).

He’s right around 350lbs and a cement post in the middle of the DL. He’s not giving any pass rush, but he’s a valuable piece vs the run.

A guy like that has value.
I’d be shocked if Shelvin is still available on the third day.

Here’s a name for you — Tommy Togiai

At 290# Williams is not a true NT. But he would be nice to have in a rotation. What we are missing here is someone like Brown who can be strong at the point of attack on running downs and still be powerful enough to push the pocket on passing downs. That player doesn't need to sack the QB on every play, all he needs is to only be a disruptor and move the QB off of his spot and get a sack every now and then.

Looks like you just described DT, Christian Barmore from Alabama.
A good pick for us at 28 in the upcoming draft.
I would prefer one of the Top CB, or LB Zaven Collins.

I just remembered we have Jalen Dalton that spent the whole of last season on the IR. He's 6'6"/300#. He sounds like he might be able to fit what we need, I don't really know. I need to find some information and film on him. But he looks intriguing.
You know we talk about wanting to sign this one and that one in FA and wanting to draft certain players and we may have the right personnel on the team already. Who knows. With more playing time, I think these young guys will really start to develop.

I really like Dalton. He was being hyped up last training camp till injury. Hopefully he will have that same fire...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom