will work for food-------not! (1 Viewer)

soupcan dan

just the salad please
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i got a bit fed up with the sign-holders at every exit ramp here in toledo with a "will work for food" sign. today i ran a little experiment.

i stopped and handed four sign-holders a five dollar bill and a garbage bag at each of their litter-strewn exit ramps with the promise i'd return in 2 hours and hand them another ten if they cleaned up the junk around them.

two took the five and threw aside the garbage bag as soon as i pulled away.

one started immediately picking up trash yet was gone when i returned an hour later--leaving the nearly empty bag amongst the trash.

the fourth flipped me off and wouldnt even take the fin.

$15 later-------did i really expect anything different?

Sounds like they know basic math.

Do 0% of the work get 50% of the money.
Or
Do 100% of the work get 100% of the money.

Not a tough choice if your immediate needs are met by the 50%.

i got a bit fed up with the sign-holders at every exit ramp here in toledo with a "will work for food" sign. today i ran a little experiment.

i stopped and handed four sign-holders a five dollar bill and a garbage bag at each of their litter-strewn exit ramps with the promise i'd return in 2 hours and hand them another ten if they cleaned up the junk around them.

one started immediately picking up trash yet was gone when i returned an hour later--leaving the nearly empty bag amongst the trash.

and you don't see any other way to interpret this data?

edit: and if you wanted the trash picked up so bad...

Maybe since you told him you'd be coming back in two hours, he was taking him a little break when you came back in one hour. Did you check back?

WhoDat26.2 if he was a homeless guy said:
Guys, put down the bags. He was clearly a ****. Let's just eat our first good meal in days on his five dollars. Maybe next time he'll read our friggin signs and bring us some FOOD as we asked, and we'll work for it. But none of that really matters because we're all fictional characters on a message board.

I get tired of people who are able to work but choose not because its so much easier to sit at home and stay on Uncle Sam's ***...

I get tired of people who are able to work but choose not because its so much easier to sit at home and stay on Uncle Sam's ***...

It's Friday and these people are miserable and hate their lives. They get pocket change thrown at them to do menial tasks that are beneath them, with promises of future pay increases even they feel silly for believing. Then they get in trouble for going on their friggin lunch break.

Sounds like a job to me

I am not passing judgment on any of these people who obviously are less privileged than me...but...

I hate to see the signs that say "Traveling...need ___", because I pass the same spot every day and see the same people with the same signs for months at a time.

Traveling? Really? Its been several months now. You are not very good at traveling.

I am not passing judgment on any of these people who obviously are less privileged than me...but...

I hate to see the signs that say "Traveling...need ___", because I pass the same spot every day and see the same people with the same signs for months at a time.

Traveling? Really? Its been several months now. You are not very good at traveling.

Maybe cause none of you tightwads ever gave them any ____

Round trip tix to Monaco ain't cheap. It takes a while to save up, especially if you have kids and want to take a side trip to EuroDisney.

What if they're time travelers and they keep traveling one day ahead? That could be why you see them in the same spot day after day.

Hasn't Uncle Sam taught you anything? For the most part social engineering, social welfare, whatever you want to call has never, and will never work.

Link?
you know this is the situation how?

Link? You dont get out much heh?
This past year I've hired 6 guys that came in needing work. They give you this story of how they're on tough times and need to put food on the table yada yada. Long story short they work long enough to get back on unemployment. Today's workforce sir, sucks! It doesnt take a blind man to see that. It's way to easy to depend on the government. If thats the life style you like of course. Some of which live better than a working man...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom