Will you care about the Saints as much after Drew Brees retires? (2 Viewers)

Will you care about the Saints as much after Drew Brees retires?

• Yes

Votes: 395 81.6%
  • No

Votes: 52 10.7%
  • Don’t know

Votes: 37 7.6%

• Total voters
How many will bail when 5-11 is considered a pretty good year and that lasts for a decade?

The Saints haven’t been winning these past few seasons because of Drew Brees. Drew has been good no doubt, but the fact the Saints were 8-1 w/out him over the past 2 seasons speaks to the quality of the team itself. Coaching and front office are top-notch as well...

Unless the new starting QB is an absolute disaster, or Loomis and Harley choke on the cap situation, the Saints should continue to be very competitive. .500 feels like the ground level record-wise.
Payton will really show how good of a coach he really is.

Kinda surprised to see this question. But, we still have Sean Payton. Best offensive mind, super strategic in the offseason, top 3 head coach. Maybe second after Belicheck. Maybe first if Belicheck can’t get it together.

Andy Reid couldn’t get his team to play dink and dunk in the Super Bowl. Ignored the offensive line in favor of the big play guys.

Mike Tomlin is up there also, but I’d take Payton’s motivational abilities and fun spirit. Tomlin seems too serious.

Don’t like a lot of the young coaches personalities, Rams, 49ers. Kinda arrogant and douchy.

When we get our new QB watch our explosive plays come back. We’re going to tear zone defenses up again. Like Brees before 2018. It’s been a while so I think some people forget we could count on at least two big plays a game. If we had a defense back then...

I’m already looking forward to the intrigue of post Brees

who stays , who arrives etc

I’d love the DB era to continue but it’s obvious it can’t and with all that’s going on the “newness “ will be welcome

we have seen nfl play at it’s worst and it’s best from the Katrina year till DB retirement

where will we be the next several years will be fun

I can see that you've been hurt, my friend.
I think some don't know, or have forgotten, how crushing it is to endure season after season of heartbreakingly terrible football.
Look back at our 91-92 seasons. Made playoffs and things were looking great.....then the next 7 years before we had another winning season. What if I told you our next winning season will be in 2028 and 2 of those we'll only have 3 wins? It's emotionally draining to go through that. Haha

I think a better poll or choice would be interested, i've been looking for a reason to not be so addicted to Football. Maybe after Drew retires I won't feel so compelled to watch the late Sunday, Monday and Thursday night games. They don't finish until 1 am my time, so it's a big commitment, but I am sure I will get close to as addicted to watching whomever our new QB will be, it's just going to be less interesting.

Drew was a once in a franchise lifetime QB. . . .

Kinda surprised to see this question. But, we still have Sean Payton. Best offensive mind, super strategic in the offseason, top 3 head coach. Maybe second after Belicheck. Maybe first if Belicheck can’t get it together.

Andy Reid couldn’t get his team to play dink and dunk in the Super Bowl. Ignored the offensive line in favor of the big play guys.

Mike Tomlin is up there also, but I’d take Payton’s motivational abilities and fun spirit. Tomlin seems too serious.

Don’t like a lot of the young coaches personalities, Rams, 49ers. Kinda arrogant and douchy.

When we get our new QB watch our explosive plays come back. We’re going to tear zone defenses up again. Like Brees before 2018. It’s been a while so I think some people forget we could count on at least two big plays a game. If we had a defense back then...

Payton will bail soon

Cowboys are a mess and he will go there in the next few years

I think some don't know, or have forgotten, how crushing it is to endure season after season of heartbreakingly terrible football.
Look back at our 91-92 seasons. Made playoffs and things were looking great.....then the next 7 years before we had another winning season. What if I told you our next winning season will be in 2028 and 2 of those we'll only have 3 wins? It's emotionally draining to go through that. Haha

This is exactly my point
I’m not hyping myself up to be disappointed. Not worth it. I’ll watch every game. If they win, cool.

Maybe I’m more of a player fan than a team fan.

A player is an actual person. A team is a business operation with a revolving door of employees

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom