Will you care about the Saints as much after Drew Brees retires? (1 Viewer)

Will you care about the Saints as much after Drew Brees retires?

• Yes

Votes: 395 81.6%
  • No

Votes: 52 10.7%
  • Don’t know

Votes: 37 7.6%

• Total voters
Yes. I was a fan before Drew and I'll be a fan after. Honestly, after that afternoon in January 2019, when it was taken out of our hands and the unfairness and sheer amount of luck it takes to make it to the end was just laid bare before our eyes, I suffered like everyone else then I disconnected a bit. I still do and always will love the team. But they don't make or ruin my week anymore.

I am not going to lie... I am nervous and scare. I am not sure I am ready for him to retire or the thought of life after Brees. It need to happen... Yes. But it was so nice to watch every game knowing we always have a chance with him.

Of course for me as I have been an ardent Saints fan since 1967, so my loyalty has and will be to this team, win or lose. I will admit that I will absolutely miss Drew and the Golden years he brought to this once woeful franchise. Those years I'll always cherish. I do hope that with Coach Payton and the outstanding draft brain trust the Saints have that the team will be able to continue it's winning ways and not slide too far until an adequate replacement QB can be found!

Was a Saints fan before Drew got here and will still be one when he leaves. I think he hung around a few more years than he should have and it tarnished what I thought about Drew. Im ready to move on even if it means a few years of trying to find the right QB again.

I was a Saints fan long before Brees was even playing in the NFL. He isn’t even part of the fabric that kept me a fan. That love that I feel for my team was built tougher and tested harder during the paper bag years. I love Drew for everything he did for us as fans, Louisiana, and our Saints. Will I miss him, of course. Will it impact how hard I root or how much I care? Hell no!

It's a legitimate question. I have switched allegiances several times as a kid when my father got transferred to various places. Since 1980, I have been a Saints fan and have no plans to change my football loyalty. Drew Brees led the Saints admirably, including a Superbowl championship. That doesn't mean that his retirement changes anything for me, except in its production of increased anxiety.

Funny, I hadn't even considered not being a Saints fan once Drew retires. It's true, the signing of Brees caught me fire but he has not embodied the team for me. I loathe that in a team sport, there are "Tom Brady Fans" and that Tom Brady himself has made the point that it's about himself.

Been a Saints fan since 1987. Was a Saints fan long before Brees came and will be long after Brees is retired. True Who Dats are die-hard lifers.

You enjoy the good when its good with Brees all these years and be miserable when the Heath Shulers and Billy Joe Hoberts are under center. Anyone who wants to go bandwagon and put on a Bucs or Chiefs hat? Go right ahead.

Last edited:
Nope. The rigged NFC championship game was a huge blow to me. I finally decided I had enough of it all when I saw the way numerous players on this team reacted to Brees this summer with the fake "scandal." Just beyond ridiculous. I have come back to the forum several times again, hoping to spark interest again, but it just is not there. There are things in life bigger than football, and if this league and this team wants to actively oppose my values, I can find better things to do with my time.

I have been a fan since they drafted Archie and I will always be a fan. I have a Fleur de lis tattoo so if I stopped being a fan because of one player it would be a little dumb.

Saints fan since 1976.

Die hard for the past 46 seasons.

Saints fan for life.

I will care the exact same once Drew leaves.....which is maximum amount.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom