Will you care about the Saints as much after Drew Brees retires? (2 Viewers)

Will you care about the Saints as much after Drew Brees retires?

• Yes

Votes: 395 81.6%
  • No

Votes: 52 10.7%
  • Don’t know

Votes: 37 7.6%

• Total voters

Joodas Avila

MillenniaMMA.com
Reaction score
Hell to the yeah!!! I was already a Saint for almost 2 decades before Drew got here, & i’ll be a Saint till the end.

SAINTS for life baby!!!

bonscott

Veteran
Reaction score
More than likely we're gonna regress for awhile. I just hope brees has one more year with the fans and team. He's still good. I've seen what we've looked like without him. The offense was far less potent. You can't win on defense and inconsistent offense, not anything major. I think he has one more year left to defy the odds, silence the critics, and finish on a high note.

kansast

The LateNight Bar
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Who Dat!? for life. Black & Gold baby. I remember getting really down about the whole thing during the 2005 season. Saints playing home games in the 'visitors' stadium. I was really bummed. Tuned everything out. While I was visiting in New Orleans, I think for the Jazz Fest, a fried of mine called, wanted to know want I wanted to know about the Saints drafting Reggie Bush. Back then, I was not on saintsreport.com. and I tended to be uninformed about off season transactions and changes etc.. So I don't remember if I heard about Coach Payton or Drew Brees, or Reggie Bush first.. Some months later I joined saintsreport.com and have been a member here since. no place better to stay informed during the off season. Who Dat!?

SuperSaint

Trek expert & WoW junkie
Reaction score
I've been a fan my whole life. Drew was amazing and a real blessing to the team and city. But the Saints are bigger than one person.
I've been a Saints fan since I was old enough to know what football was. The true fans will stick with the Saints through the good times and bad, and to me, they're the only ones who matter, bandwagoners can jump off at their leisure.

Reaction score
I dont think I will care for football in general, least not the NFL until goodell, Rivera, and those misfit of refs are gone out of the league.

After last 4 years ive come to the attitude of why bother when you know the NFL is not letting the Saints anywhere near a SB any time soon? What it come down to, should of been obvious with the non call in the Rams game.

mtq79

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Been a fan through Hebert, Walsh, Everett, the Billy Joe's and everyone in between. It was a blessing to have Drew these past 15 years but if he does ride off into the sunset, I'll still be here next year cheering on the black and gold.

jeepman

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I haven’t cared about the Saints as much “ since the NFL allowed a game changing, Super Bowl appearance deciding no-call... that was blatantly obvious to everyone who’s ever seen it... to stand and ride so the Rams could help the new LA market.

I was ride-or-die invested in the Saints prior to that... but since, I realize it’s an entertainment business, not a pure sport.
I pretty much feel the same way for the same reasons, however I still care about the Saints, just very upset with the league. I just feel so drained. It is what is it I guess.

HammerSaints

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If we were to lose every game every season I would still support and watch via Gamepass until I no longer can.

Last edited:

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I pretty much feel the same way for the same reasons, however I still care about the Saints, just very upset with the league. I just feel so drained. It is what is it I guess.
This. None of us can deny that we love our Saints and will always pull for them. But a large percentage of us have been wiped out by the sham of a league called the NFL.

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
My 5-year old wore my old Pat Swilling jersey to her school’s spirit day yesterday (well, she was, until my wife vetoed it bc it was too big, lol).

Point is, I’ve loved this team for a long time, through some bad years, great years and now, good, albeit somewhat unsatisfying-in-the-end years. I don’t care who’s wearing the uniform. And I don’t care that we’ve gotten robbed by officials, etc (well, I care a lot, but it doesn’t change how I feel about the team).

The NFL is still king. We still follow one of the best franchises in the game. There’s no reason to stop loving it/them now just because someone who brought us a lot of great times (and some disappointing finishes) is walking away. I’m just as excited as ever about what’s next.

Reaction score
Speak for yourself. I'm not a Drew Brees fan. I'm a Saints fan.

I admit to being curious how many people bail if the Saints ever fall to 5-11 again...
Young man it’s obvious
How many will bail when 5-11 is considered a pretty good year and that lasts for a decade?
You will never see a season like that as long as coach Payton and Loomis is here .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom