Will you care about the Saints as much after Drew Brees retires? (1 Viewer)

Will you care about the Saints as much after Drew Brees retires?

• Yes

Votes: 395 81.6%
  • No

Votes: 52 10.7%
  • Don’t know

Votes: 37 7.6%

• Total voters

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
There are some that won't. They became fans when he got here and will leave with him. I'll pack for them! WHO DAT 4 LIFE!!!
But there are others who have been fans since the 70s but are just tired of the NFL and Goodell's crap.

DaFranchise80

Veteran
Reaction score
Nah that's BS. No one enjoyed the Brees years and the super Bowl win more than the people who cheered for this team when they were 1-15. Its easy to enjoy the success. True fans stick by the team no matter what. Bandwagon fans can't appreciate the success fully because they have nothing to compare it with.
Amen to this. The first jersey I could afford to buy was a Ricky Williams. I’ve seen the best and the worst of this team and I’ve enjoyed every bit of it. I’m looking forward to the next chapter of Saints football.

MV2

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
But there are others who have been fans since the 70s but are just tired of the NFL and Goodell's crap.
Yeah but those fans aren't leaving when Drew retires so that's a different group. This is about the bandwagon fans that became fans during the 06 season or after.

While I admired our team's guts to call out Goodell, in hindsight it may have been a mistake. Since that time we have been on the wrong side of many calls in crucial times and in my gut that's why. So we have watched many great seasons from our guys be wasted.

Reaction score
If it ain't the Saints then chances are my tv is off, or i'm outside doing something.. been bleeding black-n-gold since '88'.. right about here..

& I don't intend to stop now or ever.. of all the silly questions.. smh..

NW.

Last edited:

duckjr78

Look out, its FrankenBaby
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I will care about the Saints just as much, but with every passing season I lose more and more interest in the NFL as a whole.

My Grandfather came up with a system back in the 80's that I may adopt. He was a Braves fan back when TBS broadcast every game except those on Wednesdays. But, he was also an avid bowler and those league nights were often in conflict with Braves games. So he came up with the very first "DVR" system that I ever saw. He had a multiple VCR setup on the TV in the den and he recorded every game. Then, if they won, he would watch the game and enjoy it. Oddly enough, due to the nature of those Braves teams, he preferred to watch the innings when they pitched and would fast forward through everything else until he found an inning when they scored and he would watch that. But if they lost, he just recorded over it the next night. He had figured out a way to enjoy the games, but move away from the sting of the losses just a bit. It wasn't like he didn't watch the highlights of the losses, or read the box scores, but he didn't watch the whole game and have to endure the irritation quite as much. It also left him free to enjoy his activities, friends, and family without being tied to his TV quite as much.

That may be where I end up in a few years. Enjoying the good games, gliding through the poor ones a little easier, and also having more time for my loved ones on the weekends.

That doesn't sound so bad to me.

mikedre

Rookie
Reaction score
If you don't, then you are a Brees fan and the Saints team is lagniappe.

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Fan passion and team support are driven by how competitive a team is, not by the mere resence of any one player.

Saintamaniac

Purple & Gold for Life
Reaction score
Fan passion and team support are driven by how competitive a team is, not by the mere resence of any one player.
I would argue not necessarily. Saints fans were passionate and supported the team well before they become competitive. The Saints have been OUR team since their first game. I remember as a kid in the 70's painting the plastic Pittsburg Steeler players that came with the vibrating football field games to look like Saints players because for the most part, the only teams you could get were Dallas and Pittsburg.

We were not competitive in the 70's and early 80's but they were our team. I never understood how kids I grew up with rooted for teams other than the Saints. I know a coworker who watched the Super Bowl with a picture of his dad in the chair next to him. That's a fan of the team and not of a player.

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm fully prepared for life after Brees. Actually kinda excited to see what the future holds. It might be painful or it might be fun. I've experienced both extremes.

I was Saints fan before Drew and I'll die a Saints fan. Unless they move the team.

SaintsIn2009

BRING THE WOOD!!!
Reaction score
Curious - see poll
I'll still care about the Saints but I won't have any emotional stake in it anymore that's for sure. I hate where the league is headed. It isn't like it used to be. Flag after flag, don't get me started lol. But after these last few seasons, I'm pretty much checked out. I have no problem watching a game and then decide to cut grass mid way through. I love the Saints but I'm losing interests in the NFL

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I'll still care about the Saints but I won't have any emotional stake in it anymore that's for sure. I hate where the league is headed. It isn't like it used to be. Flag after flag, don't get me started lol. But after these last few seasons, I'm pretty much checked out. I have no problem watching a game and then decide to cut grass mid way through. I love the Saints but I'm losing interests in the NFL
And yet some people just don't get that. I feel you 100%

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom