Will you care about the Saints as much after Drew Brees retires? (1 Viewer)

Will you care about the Saints as much after Drew Brees retires?

• Yes

Votes: 395 81.6%
  • No

Votes: 52 10.7%
  • Don’t know

Votes: 37 7.6%

• Total voters
I haven’t cared about the Saints as much “ since the NFL allowed a game changing, Super Bowl appearance deciding no-call... that was blatantly obvious to everyone who’s ever seen it... to stand and ride so the Rams could help the new LA market.

I was ride-or-die invested in the Saints prior to that... but since, I realize it’s an entertainment business, not a pure sport.
I pretty much feel the same way for the same reasons, however I still care about the Saints, just very upset with the league. I just feel so drained. It is what is it I guess.

If we were to lose every game every season I would still support and watch via Gamepass until I no longer can.

Last edited:
I pretty much feel the same way for the same reasons, however I still care about the Saints, just very upset with the league. I just feel so drained. It is what is it I guess.

This. None of us can deny that we love our Saints and will always pull for them. But a large percentage of us have been wiped out by the sham of a league called the NFL.

My 5-year old wore my old Pat Swilling jersey to her school’s spirit day yesterday (well, she was, until my wife vetoed it bc it was too big, lol).

Point is, I’ve loved this team for a long time, through some bad years, great years and now, good, albeit somewhat unsatisfying-in-the-end years. I don’t care who’s wearing the uniform. And I don’t care that we’ve gotten robbed by officials, etc (well, I care a lot, but it doesn’t change how I feel about the team).

The NFL is still king. We still follow one of the best franchises in the game. There’s no reason to stop loving it/them now just because someone who brought us a lot of great times (and some disappointing finishes) is walking away. I’m just as excited as ever about what’s next.

Speak for yourself. I'm not a Drew Brees fan. I'm a Saints fan.

I admit to being curious how many people bail if the Saints ever fall to 5-11 again...
Young man it’s obvious
How many will bail when 5-11 is considered a pretty good year and that lasts for a decade?
You will never see a season like that as long as coach Payton and Loomis is here .

If we were to lose every game every season I would still support and watch via Gamepass until I no longer can.

I paid for the Sunday ticket for way too many years and then NFL streaming. After the BountyGate debacle I refused to give the NFL any more of my money. There are other ways to get the games without supporting the sham that is the NFL.

I was born and raised on the Westbank. I grew up a saints fan watching the likes of Dalton Hillard and Eric Martin. I will always love the saints and support them. But I can not guarantee I will watch them on television if they put in players or coaches I can not either stand or flat out just losers. I could hardly stomach the Haslett and Mike D years. After going thru greatness with Sean and brees.. im not sure I can go backwards.

I dont expect superbowls or even making the playoffs each year. But I do expect winning seasons now and so should the rest of the fans.

When I was in college out of state, people asked my WHY are you a Saints fan when all they do is lose. My answer was, even if the Saints go 0-16 they are STILL my team and will ALWAYS be my team unless they move out of Louisiana. I could take them moving from New Orleans as long as they stayed in the state, but even that would sting. Forever and Always will I be a New Orleans Saints fan.

I remember back to when I was a kid and I looked at my Dad as my hero and a man that had it all figured out... then, as I grew into a man (and a father myself), I realized that he too had flaws and wasn’t perfect. I still love my Dad as much as anyone, and I’m still his biggest “fan” though.

The Saints and the NFL were similar. I could always talk myself back into believing that the Saints were just snake bit or unlucky all those years... and it was really just “bad luck” or terrible timing...
...then the NFCCG vs the Rams happened...

...that was the moment I realized I was wrong all those years. The game isn’t perfect, and even worse, it isn’t pure. I’ve never been able to “get back” after that travesty...

I still love the Saints, and I really love the fellowship of other dyed in the wool Saints fans... That’s not going to change. I just feel like I know better now. Maybe it wasn’t always this way, but it’s this way now... under Roger.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom