Will you care about the Saints as much after Drew Brees retires? (1 Viewer)

Will you care about the Saints as much after Drew Brees retires?

• Yes

Votes: 395 81.6%
  • No

Votes: 52 10.7%
  • Don’t know

Votes: 37 7.6%

• Total voters
I will care about the Saints just as much, but with every passing season I lose more and more interest in the NFL as a whole.

My Grandfather came up with a system back in the 80's that I may adopt. He was a Braves fan back when TBS broadcast every game except those on Wednesdays. But, he was also an avid bowler and those league nights were often in conflict with Braves games. So he came up with the very first "DVR" system that I ever saw. He had a multiple VCR setup on the TV in the den and he recorded every game. Then, if they won, he would watch the game and enjoy it. Oddly enough, due to the nature of those Braves teams, he preferred to watch the innings when they pitched and would fast forward through everything else until he found an inning when they scored and he would watch that. But if they lost, he just recorded over it the next night. He had figured out a way to enjoy the games, but move away from the sting of the losses just a bit. It wasn't like he didn't watch the highlights of the losses, or read the box scores, but he didn't watch the whole game and have to endure the irritation quite as much. It also left him free to enjoy his activities, friends, and family without being tied to his TV quite as much.

That may be where I end up in a few years. Enjoying the good games, gliding through the poor ones a little easier, and also having more time for my loved ones on the weekends.

That doesn't sound so bad to me.

If you don't, then you are a Brees fan and the Saints team is lagniappe.

Fan passion and team support are driven by how competitive a team is, not by the mere resence of any one player.

Fan passion and team support are driven by how competitive a team is, not by the mere resence of any one player.
I would argue not necessarily. Saints fans were passionate and supported the team well before they become competitive. The Saints have been OUR team since their first game. I remember as a kid in the 70's painting the plastic Pittsburg Steeler players that came with the vibrating football field games to look like Saints players because for the most part, the only teams you could get were Dallas and Pittsburg.

We were not competitive in the 70's and early 80's but they were our team. I never understood how kids I grew up with rooted for teams other than the Saints. I know a coworker who watched the Super Bowl with a picture of his dad in the chair next to him. That's a fan of the team and not of a player.

I'm fully prepared for life after Brees. Actually kinda excited to see what the future holds. It might be painful or it might be fun. I've experienced both extremes.

I was Saints fan before Drew and I'll die a Saints fan. Unless they move the team.

Curious - see poll
I'll still care about the Saints but I won't have any emotional stake in it anymore that's for sure. I hate where the league is headed. It isn't like it used to be. Flag after flag, don't get me started lol. But after these last few seasons, I'm pretty much checked out. I have no problem watching a game and then decide to cut grass mid way through. I love the Saints but I'm losing interests in the NFL

I'll still care about the Saints but I won't have any emotional stake in it anymore that's for sure. I hate where the league is headed. It isn't like it used to be. Flag after flag, don't get me started lol. But after these last few seasons, I'm pretty much checked out. I have no problem watching a game and then decide to cut grass mid way through. I love the Saints but I'm losing interests in the NFL

And yet some people just don't get that. I feel you 100%

I was a Saints fan long before I was a Drew Brees fan & long before they were even considered anything close to a good team. If you quit on the Saints simply because Brees leaves then you may as well go buy yourself a Buccaneer or Falcon jersey because that's where the fair weather fans belong.

I became a saints fan the same year Brees joined the team. So I honestly don’t know the answer to this question.

I do know it won’t hurt as bad if we lose in the playoffs, all I wanted was Brees to get the 2nd ring and respect he deserve, which made the losses that much more painful.

I cared about the Saints just as much when Billy Joe Hobert and Billy Joe Tolliver were the QB... I don't think that will change when Brees is gone.

I cared about the Saints since I saw them lose to the 49ers in 91.

P.S. I hated the 49ers since I saw them beat the Saints in 91😑

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom