Will you care about the Saints as much after Drew Brees retires? (2 Viewers)

Will you care about the Saints as much after Drew Brees retires?

• Yes

Votes: 395 81.6%
  • No

Votes: 52 10.7%
  • Don’t know

Votes: 37 7.6%

• Total voters
yeah winning definitely helps grow your fan base. brees embodied what it truly means to be a saint and that is something that he's going to take away. think about all the drama we had before him and how much he's done for this city regardless if he plays another down. that being said we start winning with someone else, it won't be the same but it will be nice just different then with db9 at center. the next guy got big shoes to fill. green bay got lucky to be able to transition from one great qb to another...

I think some don't know, or have forgotten, how crushing it is to endure season after season of heartbreakingly terrible football.
Look back at our 91-92 seasons. Made playoffs and things were looking great.....then the next 7 years before we had another winning season. What if I told you our next winning season will be in 2028 and 2 of those we'll only have 3 wins? It's emotionally draining to go through that. Haha

I think you have either forgotten or don't know how the people of the City of New Orleans have always felt about the Saints. It didn't take winning for that bond to exist. It was always there and will always be there unless some day they leave. I expect that some fans that chose the team and don't live here will leave, but this city will always be there for the Saints. It's in the culture and fabric of the city as much as Jazz, Funk, Creole food, and Mardi Gras.

My Kamara jersey arrived in the mail today. So yes, I will still care about the Saints after Brees retires. Black and Gold for life.

You're insane to even ask that question. What do you think we are, Patriot fans??? Delete thread

It’s easy for us “older” fans to forget that many saints fans have no clue what life was like before Brees. My 19 year old son has been spoiled rotten by Saints success. Lol! He has no idea how to handle struggle!

I will still watch every Saints game just as I have since I was about 6 years old. Well, when I was 6 and living in Oklahoma in the early 90s I couldn’t watch every game, but I’ve watched every game since my dad got us Sunday Ticket when it came out.

Will I care as much when I’m not watching a legend, when the expectation isn’t Super Bowl every year? it’s hard to say, so I don’t know. But I do know I’ll still care a whole ******* lot.

I will, but may time a little time to get past the awkwardness of not seeing a 9 out there

I will, but may time a little time to get past the awkwardness of not seeing a 9 out there
It’ll be awkward, but I look at it like this. He’s now the ambassador to the Saints.
Sorta how Montana and Rice are to the Niners. Irvin, Aikman, and Smith are to the Cowboys.
He’s gonna be the representation of the Saints now.
Whenever some national show needs to talk Saints, they gonna get Brees. And it’s gonna increase because he’s working for NBC now.
I’m looking forward to when the Saints have a big playoff game, Brees will be there.

most people here were fans long before Brees showed up.

If you are on this forum in mid February...you are probably more than just a bandwagon Saints fan.

I still care about the Saints. But are my expectation as high? Of course not. Part of it has to do with Brees...but most of it really doesn't. Even if Brees returns in 2021, my expectations for this team would be lower. Heck...I think that there's an argument that maybe the Saints are better without Brees in 2021. It's just hard for me to take this franchise seriously as a championship contender after the way that the past few seasons have unfolded. Will I be following this team as intently as I have the past few seasons? Probably not.

It’ll be awkward, but I look at it like this. He’s now the ambassador to the Saints.
Sorta how Montana and Rice are to the Niners. Irvin, Aikman, and Smith are to the Cowboys.
He’s gonna be the representation of the Saints now.
Whenever some national show needs to talk Saints, they gonna get Brees. And it’s gonna increase because he’s working for NBC now.
I’m looking forward to when the Saints have a big playoff game, Brees will be there.
Right!!! Still have jersey retirement to look foward to. I already told my wife I'll be in Canton in 5 years

So. I was supposed to give up after Archie, Brooks, Kilmer, Everett, or others left. I am a fan of a team, nut one player.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom