Will you keep wearing a mask after the pandemic is over? (1 Viewer)

SaintInBucLand

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Been hearing lots of talk about this online and on some podcasts.

Do you plan to keep wearing a mask(or two as suggested by the CDC) after the pandemic is considered over?

Until I get vaccinated I'll wear a mask in public. After that, I'll continue until CDC drops their recommendation to wear masks.

Once we're out of the woods, idk. I'm actually considering masking up when I'm in a public establishment. Masking up was fairly common in some parts of the world prior to C19.

Ultimately everyone will decide on their own, but that's sort of where I'm at right now.

Hell no. And its getting a little weird seeing certain media outlets and government leaders downplaying the vaccine, acting like masks and social distancing are near permanent fixtures now.

The mask/anti-mask split is morphing into some weird stuff.

Hell no. And its getting a little weird seeing certain media outlets and government leaders downplaying the vaccine, acting like masks and social distancing are near permanent fixtures now.

The mask/anti-mask split is morphing into some weird stuff.

Hmmm I didn't see that? Who is downplaying the vaccine? Lately I have seen reports saying we are doing better than expected and some are saying we will be out of the woods sooner.

Hmmm I didn't see that? Who is downplaying the vaccine? Lately I have seen reports saying we are doing better than expected and some are saying we will be out of the woods sooner.

Fauci is now saying he expects us to wear masks until sometime in 2022 (!). Public school boards are having massive fights over whether vaccination of teachers is sufficient to reopen schools, etc. And lots of news stories about "Hey, just bc you've been vaccinated doesn't mean you can do normal stuff!"

I understand a degree of caution but the messaging ought to be "Get you shot and you can ditch your mask!" We are unintentionally sowing seeds of doubt about the shots doing it this way.

Fauci is now saying he expects us to wear masks until sometime in 2022 (!). Public school boards are having massive fights over whether vaccination of teachers is sufficient to reopen schools, etc. And lots of news stories about "Hey, just bc you've been vaccinated doesn't mean you can do normal stuff!"

I understand a degree of caution but the messaging ought to be "Get you shot and you can ditch your mask!" We are unintentionally sowing seeds of doubt about the shots doing it this way.

That's because 90-95% effective still means 5-10% not.. but if more people are vaccinated, the chance of transmission is very very low.

So, yeah, the small % of people already vaccinated should keep wearing masks until more people get vaccinated.

That's because 90-95% effective still means 5-10% not.. but if more people are vaccinated, the chance of transmission is very very low.

So, yeah, the small % of people already vaccinated should keep wearing masks until more people get vaccinated.

The thing I think people are forgetting is that we're not anywhere near out of the woods yet. We're certainly making progress, but vaccines have some lag time before they become fully effective, and like you stated, they're not 100%. Until we get something in the neighborhood of 70% vaccinated or immune, I'm planning to stay masked up in public.

What I'd be concerned about is becoming too "normal" too soon. Imo, we need to continue to remain vigilant to avoid other spikes.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom