Will you watch Star Trek Discovery on CBS All Access? (1 Viewer)

Oh well. Hope someone is willing to share a streaming link or something (sounds like "current"). It'll be the only way for me to finish watching this series.

Meh. It was visually stunning but the story was average and the acting was stiff.

Based on what i saw last night, the show production wise IMO is its strong point. The show looks like a movie, not a soap opera on a set.

Story wise, the script was to the point and moved along nicely. At no point was i board or waiting on a bunch of wasted dialog (like have been with The Orville)

Plot has potential. Its impossible to judge a 17 part story in 1 episode, but will say i prefer a focused 17 part story then the 1 hour stand alone episodes that make up the bulk of Star Trek. Flush out a compelling meaningful event from beginning to end instead of a bunch of filler episodes that every other Star Trek series has had.

The only negative really is the move to CBS All Access. After last night I was fully on board with the show and ready to see more, but i'm not going to pay $30 to see 17 40 minute broadcast programs commercial free (that's an assumption btw) over a 17 week span.

I'll wait until whole season is available on iTunes, and buy it then. Then I'll own it for $30 instead of $60.

I hate to be cynical about these kinds of things, but there's not much (if anything) in that trailer that looks new or unique. There hasn't been anything really good in Star Trek since Deep Space Nine ended. And now they're going back to the "before Kirk and Spock" era? Didn't they already do that gimmick? I don't know. Looks pretty average to me.

I'd much rather watch something set in the far-flung future, like hundreds of years after the TNG/DS9 era, where they could do some really exotic things with sets and stories and just totally blow up the standard ST politics into something new and fresh.

I think this franchise is too self-reverential to ever be fresh or original again. They're just going to keep doing the same thing. Hell this barely looks any different from the Scott Bakula series.

A series totally devoted to the Mirror Universe would be great to see.

That'll cost extra. No, I'm not joking.

wczz.jpg

These Klingons are definitely something outside of what we're used to, but I'm kinda liking this premiere. Maybe it's just my lack of TV Star Trek to blame.

I have of a harder time accepting the new (or should i say old) Klingon ship design then i do the Klingon's themselves.

I've now seen the second episode. Visually, this series is stunning. We're talking movie quality (or very near it) production. As with just about any series, it's going to take some time to get familiar with the characters involved and get used to the world they're in. Am I interested enough in what happens to seek it out? Yes. Am I interested enough to pay $7 a month (or $10 a month for no commercials)? No way. CBS, your All Access plan is going to crash and burn....go ahead and figure out now which exec is getting fired.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom