Will you watch Star Trek Discovery on CBS All Access? (3 Viewers)

I've seen 3 episodes now and to be blunt, i really like this show. I've seen the haters on youTube and its all the same...the show sucks because not like all the other ones, blah, blah blah...

I like the serial story they are telling. I like the way its more action focused. I like all the flawed characters. I like that ll the noble goodie too shoes stuff has been jettisoned. I like the idea that characters have agendas and that Captain is will do whatever it takes to win the war, regulations be damned.

Star Trek has finally grown up. And i like it.

Thanks for saving my time. I barely got through the first season, and had started on the second hoping that it would improve like TNG and DS9 did after their forgettable first seasons. But your words tell me I should just stop now since to me what I've seen of the show in the first season and a few episodes of season 2 is dreadful.

In season 4 there is a to part story about the Mirror Universe, that is worth a look.

I am going to predict that this Spore weapon has something to do with the changes the Klingons go through, which make them have hair and look more human for the TOS scene that Worf says they don't talk about this era of Klingons in TNG.

They already explained that away on Enterprise.

I was kind of mildly optimistic after the first two episodes but I loved the third. They packed a whole lot of stuff into a one hour episode. If it continues to be this good I'll finally have a TV show to watch. With the exception of Longmire I haven't really watched a series since Battlestar Galactica ended.

My main concern with it is they seem so focused on making it an almost totally character-driven show that there won't be time to do those really deep thinker episodes that tend to be the best kind of timeless sci-fi stories.

I like the serial story they are telling. I like the way its more action focused. I like all the flawed characters. I like that ll the noble goodie too shoes stuff has been jettisoned. I like the idea that characters have agendas and that Captain is will do whatever it takes to win the war, regulations be damned.

Deep Space Nine did the same thing. It was just less focused and more episodic because the big shots that ran Paramount wanted to stick to the existing formula. But you can pretty much draw a direct line from DS9 to BSG to this new show, IMO.

I caught Sundays episode before my free week expired on the App. I like it. Sucks it is on a pay app and they still show commercials. Will have to find an alternate way to watch it.

I don't have the app or the free trial or anything and I've had no problem watching all three episodes so far. Suffice it to say, there are defintely alternatives.

I love the show.

Google "free vpn" to watch it on European netflix.

I love the show.

Google "free vpn" to watch it on European netflix.

I tried that with the VPN built into Opera's browser and got an error from Netflix:
“You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy.”

They are looking for VPN connections.

Just saw episode 5. I must say that I'm rather impressed with this show. It makes me all the more mad at CBS for hiding it away on All Access.

Anybody else still watching? This most recent episode (#7) was good.

I'm still watching, but haven't seen the most recent episode yet. I liked the way the last episode included mentions of Spock as a child. That helps set this show in an earlier time frame, even though most of the visuals make it look later.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I am watching. The spore drive will eventually be banned due to eugenics at the end of the series. Of course that is obvious. I wonder when we will get a tribble episode. I hope the Klingons get infested with them. I liked Rainn Wilson as Mudd. I think they should leave Khan alone. But I almost expect them to touch on Khan at some point if the show survives beyond the first few seasons.

I haven't seen the one that came out this week but I'll catch it in the next couple days. I really enjoy the show.

I never thought I would hear the f-bomb in a Star Trek show. It worked for that particular scene and that situation, but if they start sprinkling curse words throughout every episode I'm not sure that really fits the spirit of what Star Trek is supposed to be about.

I tried that with the VPN built into Opera's browser and got an error from Netflix:
“You seem to be using an unblocker or proxy.”

They are looking for VPN connections.

keep trying different ones. I use a VPN with Netflix daily.

Just watched the fall finale. This show is light years ahead of the first seasons of any previous Star Trek show. Seek it out.

Just watched the fall finale. This show is light years ahead of the first seasons of any previous Star Trek show. Seek it out.

Indeed. This show is awesome, despite the fact that they missed bigly on the re-imagining of the Kilingons.

I like the Klingons..

Anyway... I am going to call the show out for the "one last jump" shenanigans... so blatantly obvious of a set up. Oh well... at least they didn't try to pull some magic dumpster BS.

Interesting, the spore drive and the mycelial network is based on a Ted talk by Paul Stamets. Fascinating subject. Apparently they watched his Ted talk and called him to discuss his research in order to incorporate it into Star Trek.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mPqWstVnRjQ?start=7031" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here starting at 1:57:11 he talks about it. I'd recommend listening to the ted talk and this whole pod cast to learn more if you are interested.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom