Will you watch Star Trek Discovery on CBS All Access? (1 Viewer)

I was like "really?" but I realized a while back, this is not the Star Trek I grew up with, and it's not going to be. So I try to enjoy the show for what it is and get over myself and my own notions of what it should be, because the old style of Star Trek just ain't walking through that door.

Oh i was referring to the two streams, the actual pissing didnt phase me.

oh that

I believe the general idea is that Klingons are supposed to have all these biological redundancies that make them super resilient. In one of the TNG episodes Worf either had a secondary spinal cord or regrew his spinal cord after he was temporarily paralyzed. So having two urinary tracts would fit into that idea.

either that or it's the usual cause of a double stream, but we don't need to get into that I'm sure.

OMG, I haven't been so in love with somebody on the TV in a very long time. She is magical.

Tilly, Tilly!

Mary-Wiseman.jpg

I am glad I don't sit through shows analyzing them to death. I watch a show to enjoy it. I enjoyed the finale(the whole season really) and the final scene.....very nice. You knew at some point the Enterprise had to come into play.

You continue to be proud of the fact that you don't actually think about what you watch. You seem like a nice guy, but that's a weird thing to be proud of. The idea of consuming media and not thinking about it is weird to me. What's the point?

You continue to be proud of the fact that you don't actually think about what you watch. You seem like a nice guy, but that's a weird thing to be proud of. The idea of consuming media and not thinking about it is weird to me. What's the point?

I do think about what I watch. There are some shows that don't entertain me, I choose not to watch them. The ones that do, I'll continue to watch. All I'm saying is how can someone enjoy anything if it seems the sole purpose is to pick it apart piece by piece. You watch something, you like it or you don't. That's all I'm saying.

I didn’t watch it behind their paywall but I watched it. I enjoyed it. But I’m a huge Trekkie.

Attachments

• 49C0EF0A-D6ED-4C3F-8E21-E59185E58F98.gif
    49C0EF0A-D6ED-4C3F-8E21-E59185E58F98.gif
    476.3 KB · Views: 1
Streaming is iffy and eats up too much bandwidth on my HughesNet connection. Price I pay for country living. Guess I'll catch up with this Trek eventually, when CBS sells it to somebody in reruns.

Streaming is iffy and eats up too much bandwidth on my HughesNet connection. Price I pay for country living. Guess I'll catch up with this Trek eventually, when CBS sells it to somebody in reruns.

Totally agree about streaming eating bandwidth but there are definitely perfect streams to be had. I fully understand that some just wouldn’t want to do this on principle. I do not watch any stream that isn’t perfect visually and audio wise.
And I was not going to pay for that CBS subscription.

I plan on watching the new season when its released, i enjoy the show and want to see more.

My only complaint has been the Klingon warship design, they are horrible, too organic, would prefer an updated D7.

Shows that don't make money get cancelled. Its that simple. Pirate and evade the pay wall all you want, but when all there is to watch on TV are stupid sitcoms and rehashed cop shows, its your fault.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom