Will you watch Star Trek Discovery on CBS All Access? (1 Viewer)

then you should not even bother. no show hits a home run in first couple of episodes, and a lot of times not even in its first season. Star Trek, Babylon 5, Doctor Who, all of these shows needed time to find their legs and required changes and refinements before they were popularly accepted as "good".

I really don't get this mentality of, "if its not the best show ever, i won't waste my time with it."

Yeah, but I have some faith (perhaps misplaced) that Patrick Stewart isn't going to let it be bad. I'd think for him to come back to this universe, especially on the small screen, the project would have to be good.

After last nights episode, which I liked, and my god the visuals in this episode were absolutely stunning, we learn the whatever is coming back from the future is 500 years in the future, if my rough math is close, that would be approximately 400 years AFTER the end of ST:Voyager. That would seem to eliminate future Spock, thank gawd. Looking forward to the next episode where they visit a little planet named ....

After last nights episode, which I liked, and my god the visuals in this episode were absolutely stunning, we learn the whatever is coming back from the future is 500 years in the future, if my rough math is close, that would be approximately 400 years AFTER the end of ST:Voyager. That would seem to eliminate future Spock, thank gawd. Looking forward to the next episode where they visit a little planet named ....

Talos IV?

The Enterprise's visit to Talos IV under Captain Pike (TOS Pilot "The Cage") happened three years prior to this episode, and "The Menagerie" when Spock kidnaps the Enterprise under Kirk to bring Pike back happens 10 years later, if you are looking for a setting.

I finally was able to sit down and see the new episode.

Damn, this show may end up being better than TNG at some point. This is GOOOOOOOOD! The call back to the original pilot was phenominal. It's also a grim reminder to Pike's fate in the next few years...... or will that happen at the end of this season?

I honestly didn't expect this episode to have occur after The Cage, for some reason i assume we in a post Enterprise, pre-The Cage error, i was pleasantly surprised to see this episode smack dab in the early prime timeline, and it really was outstanding IMO.

I finally was able to sit down and see the new episode.

Damn, this show may end up being better than TNG at some point. This is GOOOOOOOOD! The call back to the original pilot was phenominal. It's also a grim reminder to Pike's fate in the next few years...... or will that happen at the end of this season?
Pike's fate is years down the road, it won't be at the end of the season. I don't believe he's injured until after command of the Enterprise is passed to Kirk.

Last edited:
WHY isn’t Thursday here yet!

OK, so now we know the real nature of Sec 31, now its pretty obvious why it is what is 100 years later.

I'm in agreement with what i heard on another site, I'm not interested in a Capt. Georgio Sec 31 series, I want a Captain Pike of the Enterprise series. IMO, Pike has saved Discovery and getting rid of him at the end of the season would be horrible move. I rather keep Captain Pike around instead of a Picard series.

One theory I like.....WARNING READING AHEAD.... was that the AI is actually the Borg technology from First Contact, and Enterprise that was taken by section 31 and integrated into creating Control. Since the Borg's primary goal is to learn everything through assimilation, this Data Sphere serves as something that would circumvent the need to go through the process of assimilation. Thus no need for sentient life, which is the only threat to the Borg/AI.

One theory I like.....WARNING READING AHEAD.... was that the AI is actually the Borg technology from First Contact, and Enterprise that was taken by section 31 and integrated into creating Control. Since the Borg's primary goal is to learn everything through assimilation, this Data Sphere serves as something that would circumvent the need to go through the process of assimilation. Thus no need for sentient life, which is the only threat to the Borg/AI.

I've heard this theory a couple of times now, and the main reason it doesn't hold water with me is because the borg have always had the agenda of assimilating life forms, not destroying them.

I admit, the nano bites did seem a bit borg-ish, but the borg were also hive minded, not AI based. Wouldn't be the first time Discovery writers got things wrong, but i give them credit for getting things right this year, so i guess we'll wait and see.

And for the record i absolutely love the Enterprise. It really is a missed oppurtunity we can't get a Enterprise: the Pike Years series.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom