Wille Parker on Sirius said (1 Viewer)

We've been trying to break long runs outside like that all season. Depending on the secondary to stop the run means trouble. Blaming them for those two long runs is just sad.

Last edited:
Shouldn't the outside linebackers have stopped that --

And this is the kinda play I expect from Reggie

The first big run to the left side, he just juked the cornerback/safety out of his cleats. I'm not sure, but I think it might have been Bellamy.

On the second run, McKenzie overpursued into the line when it seemed like Parker would be stopped behind or at the line of scrimmage. When he bounced it outside, McKenzie tried to turn back, but it was too late.

Willie Parker discovered the outside. We successfully stuffed the middle on him all day. But late in the game he bounced it outside and we were somewhat vulnerable, to say the least.

Doh!

Here's hoping we have an answer to that. You know opponents will try to exploit that going forward.

I fear Warrick Dun off tackle...every year he seems to break one on us.

McKenzie's not too shabby, himself.

This is what surprised me. I know McKenzie had a slight angle on Parker, but I would have expected Parker to be much, much faster in the open field than MM. In actuality I guess Parker is only faster, or perhaps much faster, but not much, much faster.

/pointlessrambleover

McKenzie's not too shabby, himself.

i was surprised that parker was caught from behind both times on his long runs since i don't think i've ever seen him caught from behind. he is very fast. i think craft was the real one when he he caught parker.

I'm sick and tired of the constand dogging of Mike McKenzie. You people who hate him so much need to focus your unfounded rage on the other team, not a guy who, if you actually watched the games, has been playing pretty well. What, do you think a CB never gets burned? It happens to them all. However, when Mike messes up, its like WWIII on this board from some people. Get over it. True fans don't dog their own team, especially when the player being dogged isn't playing bad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom