William Moody, best known to wrestling fans as legendary manager Paul Bearer has died (2 Viewers)

He managed wrestlers for years on the gulf coast under the name Percy Pringle. Back in the 70's. anyone else remember that?

That's the only way I know him. Gulf Coast Wrestling was hillarious and blatantly fake.

You may remember Pringle once had his head shaved. The next week he came out with a pink wig and claimed that his rich mother had hired a Hindu doctor who applied a cream to his head and that is what grew out. Another time he had his pants ripped off of him and he was wearing pantyhose. And yet another he claimed he was at his mother's mansion and Sugar Bear Harris had climbed a tree and was throwing rocks at the windows.

I saw Pringle several times at matches held in National Guard Armories.

It sure seems he should be older than 58.

hopefully they have a fitting tribute for him during wrestlemania
prob. do something tom. night on Smackdown or Mon. night at Raw

(fitting this past week was "Old School Raw" where they had the big, old R-A-W letters entrance... among other old school settings)

That's the only way I know him. Gulf Coast Wrestling was hillarious and blatantly fake.

You may remember Pringle once had his head shaved. The next week he came out with a pink wig and claimed that his rich mother had hired a Hindu doctor who applied a cream to his head and that is what grew out. Another time he had his pants ripped off of him and he was wearing pantyhose. And yet another he claimed he was at his mother's mansion and Sugar Bear Harris had climbed a tree and was throwing rocks at the windows.

I saw Pringle several times at matches held in National Guard Armories.

It sure seems he should be older than 58.

At 8-12 years old, it sure seemed real to me. Lee Fields was the promoter. Cowboy Bob Kelly and the spoiler. That was great times.

I once read on Wikipedia that he managed a real crematorium in miss point ms. I'd have freaked out if I went there to make arrangements for a family member and Paul Bearer walked out.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/TymkvV0s2OY?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/TymkvV0s2OY?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

And CM PUNK runs in on Tribute. 3 minutes in show. Vince had to do it to sell this match at Mania.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom