William Robinson OT (1 Viewer)

enmityjac

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Didnt we have William Robinson (that we got from Atlanta). From what I remember, he played pretty good as an OT. Looks like he is a free agent this year, but I am betting they re-sign him. He played good. Anybody disagree?

Have't heard much about him this offseason. I'm not sure why everyone is so hard-pressed on Bushrod, who hasn't been very good.

Should come back for pretty cheap.
Looked decent against San Francisco for those whole 2 series he managed
:0107:

I see everyone is willing to let bushrod go but if you think about he has done a good job here now zack stief he the one that's needs to go so far everyone has been a pro bowler but stief and he always getting beat and giving up sacks he the one that's has to go

I see everyone is willing to let bushrod go but if you think about he has done a good job here now zack stief he the one that's needs to go so far everyone has been a pro bowler but stief and he always getting beat and giving up sacks he the one that's has to go

We need to sign Bushrod back. DLP we can do without and we can draft a young stud Center. Yes, Zac Strief time is up on that right side and i think Charles Brown should fill that position just fine.

We need to sign Bushrod back. DLP we can do without and we can draft a young stud Center. Yes, Zac Strief time is up on that right side and i think Charles Brown should fill that position just fine.

DLP we can do without? What? He played extremely well for us and in comparison to the rest of the centers in the NFL.

DLP has been a very good center for us, according to PFF he was above average in pass blocking compared to the rest of the league last year and was 7th best in run blocking with +13.6. Add to the fact that Brees loves to and needs to step up in the pocket, hes an important cog in our o-line that we need to keep

DLP is an above average C, and will recieve a 2nd round tender. Only if someone (Chicago) offers a 3rd or a 2nd round pick will he be allowed to leave. Grubbs, Evans & DLP developed a good chemistry last year.

I couldn't disagree more about DLP being average or worse. He's a guy I'd be for getting a 4 year deal so the interior 3 stick together.

And on topic, Robinson played pretty well when he got to play so I hope we look too resign him for depth.

saintsb_logo.gif
Brian De La Puente (RFA), C, Saints. Age: 28.
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

An undrafted free agent in 2008, Brian De La Puente has become one of the better centers in the NFL.

Is this the guy you're talking about
:covri:

Will Robinson got hurt because he was not alerted to the danger confronting him.

Didnt we have William Robinson (that we got from Atlanta). From what I remember, he played pretty good as an OT. Looks like he is a free agent this year, but I am betting they re-sign him. He played good. Anybody disagree?

Have't heard much about him this offseason. I'm not sure why everyone is so hard-pressed on Bushrod, who hasn't been very good.

So are Pro Bowl LT played bad, but our street free agent pickup played good?....man the bias on here is nauseating. Robinson is pretty much a "stay in shape and stay by the phone" player....he's not replacing anybody.

So are Pro Bowl LT played bad, but our street free agent pickup played good?....man the bias on here is nauseating. Robinson is pretty much a "stay in shape and stay by the phone" player....he's not replacing anybody.

That's not my stance. I hope Bushrod is signed back, but at a rate consistent with his level of play. I dont believe he is a franchise LT, but the market may dictate otherwise. B/c of this I think Bushrod walks, especially after we saw Carl Nicks leave last year (who was a MUCH better player than Bushrod) for more money....

The way some fans on this site are so negative on players, offering unsubstantiated opinions, is astounding. Even more difficult to understand is how they believe their opinions are correct despite the fact that the FO and coaching obvioulsy have conversely opposite positions on the player. It is a don't confuse me with the facts sort of hubris.

While they may see other players perform better than the Saints on any given Sunday. They don't seem to understand that productivity is a matter of scheme, chemistry, repetitions, coaching, and morale (esprit de corps). All these factors have to be harmoniously in place in order for a player to perform at his peak. I would suggest that all these pieces have not been in place on defense over the last 3 years and especially last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom