Williams is most under appreciated saint. (1 Viewer)

I hope Jenkins can bring out Williams best qualities. William just makes unclutch plays unless it's a hail mary in the regular season. Him not being a more consistent player is what holds him back the most. Which is mostly due to experience and William doesn't have elite IQ yet.

Then, you got some painfully average playcalling where players aren't assigned in position to make a clutch play in the playoffs.
I’d hoped someone would have addressed your comment about Marcus Williams’ football intelligence, so would you please expound on your meaning of and I’m quoting you about “Williams doesn’t have elite IQ yet”?

I don’t know, but in isolation, this seems a bit RACIST!!!!

I’d hoped someone would have addressed your comment about Marcus Williams’ football intelligence, so would you please expound on your meaning of and I’m quoting you about “Williams doesn’t have elite IQ yet”?

I don’t know, but in isolation, this seems a bit RACIST!!!!

What did he say..........like, at all.........that alluded to ethnicity?

With the Diggs thing, he was a rookie, went for the big hit and didn't keep his head up. It was a terrible time for a rookie mistake but that's exactly what it was. The other ones are largely on playcalling as well as the initial coverage being horrible. Even when we go on those defensive tears you mentioned we're still consistently bad at 3rd and longs as well as end of half defense. I think part of it is mental too, one of those things where the man goes "Last time this happened and I have to make sure it doesn't happen again" and next thing you know he's in a similar position and it's gone sideways again. Hopefully Jenkins cooler head helps Williams to calm down in those moments, and on top of that hopefully Allen does some self-scouting (or Payton) does it for him, and it all comes together.

I do agree about the offense in the playoffs as well. They need to perform better. I think Sanders will help with that a lot, just having another receiver they need to account for besides CGM should really help the offense, and that's without accounting for Cook having another year in the offense and hopefully a fit and firing Alvin Kamara. The playcalling on offense in the playoffs could use some work too for that matter.
Well, we aren't we gonna get around Allen odd coverage sets in crunch time. It is what it is. We just got to hope our players can overcome. He isn't going to anywhere with Payton here..

I really don't want to get into Allen. I already rip him hard on his style a long time ago when the defense blew it against Baltimore. Pretty infamous rage out saying we'll never get to a Superbowl with his playcalling in critical situations.

At this point... He's average. I'm excited for Ryan Nielsen in the next 5 or 10 years. People really undersell him, but he is a fantastic coach. He is a guy that I peg to be the next great D coordinator in 10 years if he choose to aspire to be a playcaller.

Last edited:
Side note, they listed the 10 worst tackling starting safeties in the league percentage based on tackle opportunities and missed tackles, and Williams wasn’t in the list. I’ll take his elite coverage ability with that.

If you had 6 opportunities and missed on 5

If you had 20 opportunities and missed on 18

the latter looks worse, but that doesn't make the former any better.

Each defender has a different amount of opportunities, therefore, I can't understand how numbers can adjust, thus, making things, "all being equal"

Side note: Please don't tell me you were the one who told me confidently that Logan Ryan was going to sign from two weeks ago to a different team when I suggested that the Saints should take a look at him with 11-12M in cap space (post June 1 P-Rob cut)...Sorry, I keep forgetting.

How you can write that article without addressing why Williams is under appreciated is comical. It just seems like his choke has set the path for playoff failure the last three years. He’s going to have to play much better for me to appreciate his efforts through the first three seasons.

I hope Jenkins can bring out Williams best qualities. William just makes unclutch plays unless it's a hail mary in the regular season. Him not being a more consistent player is what holds him back the most. Which is mostly due to experience and William doesn't have elite IQ yet.

Then, you got some painfully average playcalling where players aren't assigned in position to make a clutch play in the playoffs.

So are we forgetting that he had multiple interceptions called back last year due to a penalty?

How you can write that article without addressing why Williams is under appreciated is comical. It just seems like his choke has set the path for playoff failure the last three years. He’s going to have to play much better for me to appreciate his efforts through the first three seasons.

The guy could come out next season and be the reincarnation of Ed Reed and you'd still be banging on him. One bad moment does not define one of our players. As Saints fans we're better than that. We're smarter than that.

And to try to put all of the failures of the past three years on him is a stretch. Was it Williams' fault that the offense came out sleep walking last year? Was it Williams' fault that the most egregious no call in sports history happened? Come on now. The dude made a mistake. It's time to let that go.

The guy could come out next season and be the reincarnation of Ed Reed and you'd still be banging on him. One bad moment does not define one of our players. As Saints fans we're better than that. We're smarter than that.

And to try to put all of the failures of the past three years on him is a stretch. Was it Williams' fault that the offense came out sleep walking last year? Was it Williams' fault that the most egregious no call in sports history happened? Come on now. The dude made a mistake. It's time to let that go.

He has continued to aimlessly throw his body at offensive players. I don’t trust him when the next big moment comes.

So are we forgetting that he had multiple interceptions called back last year due to a penalty?
I already stated about his regular season performance. I also stated in the playoffs that the technical errors aren't his fault. Either other player or playcalling mistake.

I don't know what more you can ask... And I don't even think INT is even what makes Williams great. It's his elites deep center coverage, but he is a hot and cold in other parts of his game. From my review, it's seems more experience and football IQ related not a Dr. Jekyll and Hyde problem. Which comes with more experience. Hopefully, Jenkins help to improve his play recognition, his hesitant step, and turn his bad luck around.

I don't think Williams will ever be good tackler.

A great example of "The plural of anecdote is not data". Also a great example of one of our great flaws as a species, we will take a mountain of observations and form our opinion of the memorable few.

Wow! "Great flaws of our species"? Cheers :hihi:

Lol I don't trust anyone on this defense when the next big moment comes! The problem is systemic. It's not just Williams.

Cynthia Frelund’s most under appreciated architects and engineers based on “analytics”.

#1 Viktor Petrovich Bryukhanov
#2 Luftschiffbau Zeppelin
#3 Thomas Andrews
#4 Fazlur Rahman Khan
#5 Leon Moisseiff

With the Diggs thing, he was a rookie, went for the big hit and didn't keep his head up. It was a terrible time for a rookie mistake but that's exactly what it was.

It wasn't "just a rookie mistake" - tired of that argument. It's something that was pointed out on air the second he was drafted as an concerning issue and it was never corrected. He's made that same mistake time and time again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom