Williams pleased with Saints defense so far - article (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Williams pleased with Saints defense so far
By SHELDON MICKLES
Advocate sportswriter
Published: Sep 18, 2009

Speaking Thursday for the first time since a 45-27 win over the Detroit Lions on Sunday, New Orleans Saints new defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, said he was pleased with what he saw in his unit’s first real outing.

“We have to continue taking the ball away. We’ll be measured by that,” said Williams, whose group had three interceptions. “We have to make a significant improvement from last year to this year with that. We gave our offense three short fields, which is good. We have to score on defense.” ...
More...
http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/saints/59723637.html

thanks Kfran... :9:

I like this news:
Three players who did not work Wednesday because of knee injuries — cornerback Tracy Porter, tackle Jermon Bushrod and defensive tackle Kendrick Clancy — all worked fully Thursday.

Also, strong safety Roman Harper (hamstring) had full participation Thursday after being limited Wednesday.

Greggggggg Williams said:
“We have to continue taking the ball away. We’ll be measured by that,” said Williams, whose group had three interceptions. “We have to make a significant improvement from last year to this year with that. We gave our offense three short fields, which is good. We have to score on defense.”

This to me is just awesome. I love his hard nosed, "We don't even wanna depend on the offense, we wanna score" attitude. He wants to SHUT OUT opposing offenses.

I LOVE IT!!!

I like this news:

Three players who did not work Wednesday because of knee injuries — cornerback Tracy Porter, tackle Jermon Bushrod and defensive tackle Kendrick Clancy — all worked fully Thursday.

Also, strong safety Roman Harper (hamstring) had full participation Thursday after being limited Wednesday.

Looks like we'll be at full strenght on D Sunday. That's a good thing, especially with three non starter's on the Eagle's O line. :9:

I think Gregg Williams is anticipating a dominant defense by the end of the season.

One down thirteen to go. Which two were you foreseeing losses?

New England and the very last game of the season when we rest starters.

I actually think we'll beat NE, but looking at all the other games... New England has the best shot only because of their offense... I se a game where both teams will be in the 30s if not 40s.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom