Willie Roaf on Semi-finalist list for HOF [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

I still think Willie Roaf was the best player to ever put on the Black and Gold. Now, Drew is certainly taking that spot if not already, in the near future. But Roaf was an absolute beast for us and the Chiefs. Can't wait to see him get into the Hall and he better be a first ballot.

RB Jerome Bettis**
WR Tim Brown*
WR Cris Carter*
RB Roger Craig*
RB Terrell Davis
C Dermontti Dawson*
DE Richard Dent*
DE/LB Chris Doleman*
RB Marshall Faulk**
LB Kevin Greene
P Ray Guy
DE Charles Haley*
CB Lester Hayes
DT Cortez Kennedy*
RB Curtis Martin**
WR Andre Reed*
OT Willie Roaf**
CB Deion Sanders**
TE Shannon Sharpe*
CB Aeneas Williams
Head Coach Don Coryell*
General Manager George Young
Owner Art Modell
Owner Ed DeBartolo
Commissioner Paul Tagliabue
NFL Films founder Ed Sabol

How in the world can you even mention Debatelo in the list? He was barred from the league for a year, and his team was found guilty of cheeting during the Steve Young Superbowl run!

mbg

I'd love to see Roaf get in and eventually he will. It's just going to be hard to get in as a first-ballot guy though.

Last year was a large class with 5 "new era" guys and 2 of the older era guys - with only two first-ballot guys.

Both Marshall Faulk & Deion Sanders will be a lock for first-ballot guys.

That leaves Jerome Bettis, Curtis Martin & Willie Roaf as the other first ballot guys.

If they do vote another first-ballot guy in, it will probably be Bettis. Linemen just don't get as much recognition and I just can't see them having 4 of 5 new era guys as first-ballot guys.

Of the finalists that almost made it last year, most will probably still be finalist this year... Brown, Carter, Craig, Haley, Reed, Sharpe & Coryell for sure.

Those that weren't finalists last year but should be in by now are Guy & Sabol. Not saying any of those other guys are not deserving, but got Guy & Sabol are over-due to be inducted.

With all that said, Roaf should at least be a finalist. And maybe all the stars will align to get the HOF panel to vote for a first-ballot lineman. I think realistically though it's going to be another year or two.

they usually arrange the grouping based on personalities it seems to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom