Willie Roaf situation and Randy Mueller situation, do you know what happened? (1 Viewer)

Mueller.
Fielkow.
Rita.

Three powerful individuals in the Saints organization who were once closely trusted by Benson and then promptly cut off, all within the span of a single decade.

I'm not making a point. I just think it's an interesting pattern.

The whitewashing of Tom Benson over the last few years of his life and post-death is quite an interesting phenomenon.

Guy wanted to move the team to San Antonio after Katrina and 100% would have if not for Tagliabue and Jerry Jones. He was saved from pulling perhaps the greatest scumbag move in the history of professional sports by a commissioner who thought better of it, and one of the few men on the planet more greedy than himself.

Last edited:
The whitewashing of Tom Benson over the last few years of his life and post-death is quite an interesting phenomenon.

Guy wanted to move the team to San Antonio after Katrina and 100% would have if not for Tagliabue and Jerry Jones. He was saved from pulling perhaps the greatest scumbag move in the history of professional sports by a commissioner who thought better of it, and one of the few men on the planet more greedy than himself.

Well to be fair, the situation after Katrina didn't look ideal. There was talk of the city never recovering so the idea that it could support a NFL franchise seemed far fetched at one point. But yeah, all has been forgiven with Mr Benson. The man is a Saint now.

There was a lot going on during the Haslett era. We're talking about really scandalous stuff.

Well to be fair, the situation after Katrina didn't look ideal. There was talk of the city never recovering so the idea that it could support a NFL franchise seemed far fetched at one point. But yeah, all has been forgiven with Mr Benson. The man is a Saint now.

There was a lot going on during the Haslett era. We're talking about really scandalous stuff.

Exactly. I'm sure we all know many, many people that have never returned. It was not that far fetched to think that the city might never recover.

I have heard a lot over the years about the scandelous stuff during the Hasslet years, yet we get few details. We are all friends here, so if you have any stories, let them out here. It is not like anyone but Mickey is left from that group in the organization.

I knew the head custodian at the time And he knew the barber for Mueller who knew the barber for Haslett, who knew the hairstylist for the cheerleader, who knew the veterinarian for Joe Horn’s dog, who knew the landscaper for Willie Roaf. They all knew something. That is what I heard from Mr. Benson’s valet.

I miss the days of Coach Pete and LGD when we got straight answers without all of this speculation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom