Willie Snead (1 Viewer)

Jerry Rice wasn't the biggest or fastest either.
Neither was Isaac Bruce.
Or Jimmy Smith.
Or Marvin Harrison.

Check thier stats.

Rarely is a great WR a great WR because they are the "fastest" or the " biggest".

In fact, I can hardly think of one great receiver that was great due to him being so fast.

WR is about routes, setting up defenders, strong hands, just having a feel of how to move and when. Toughness.

Snead is displaying several of these unique traits of being a great receiver.

He had an outstanding rookie season. We'll see how it goes this year.

But don't say " he won't be a one because he isn't the biggest or fastest"

Flame away, but the guy Willie Snead reminds me the most of is the great Steve Largent. Very similar size and attributes and hunger and toughness.

Yall are getting a little carried away here with the Snead hype.. he's Lance Moore, nothing else

Yall are getting a little carried away here with the Snead hype.. he's Lance Moore, nothing else

Really?

Lance Moore ( catches/yards)
Year 1: 0-0
Year 2: 1-10
Year 3: 32-302 2 TDs

Willie Snead
Year 1: 69-984 3 TDs

In Lance's 10 year career, he had over 69 catches ONCE and over 984 yards ONCE.

In what world are they the same receiver?

Red thumbing me because I spoke the truth? News flash, Willie Snead disappointed my fantasy team when I would play him. Drew only threw 3 TDs to him last year? Cooks is the number 1, that's not going to change. Drew likes to throw over the middle. That's not where Snead is. It's a natural target area for him.

Red thumbing me because I spoke the truth? News flash, Willie Snead disappointed my fantasy team when I would play him. Drew only threw 3 TDs to him last year? Cooks is the number 1, that's not going to change. Drew likes to throw over the middle. That's not where Snead is. It's a natural target area for him.

I'm sorry he disappoint let's your fantasy team. I hope he makes that his mission this year to improve his performance for your fantasy team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not fast enough or big enough to be that guy, but he's a solid #2 or 3. Dont get me wrong, I love me some Snead. Cooks is the guy for now; but I see Thomas eventually as the #1 just due to his catch radius, size and ability to box out, hands, and route running. He is pretty close to the total package.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Did Cooks play this pre season ?

I think for Snead even in this dynamic with Cooks and Thomas contributing if he's not catching no less than 50-60 passes a season he is not on top of his game because you will see high numbers from both Cooks and Thomas also so the same can be said for them as I think Cooks will still be the most productive initially.

Jerry Rice wasn't the biggest or fastest either.
Neither was Isaac Bruce.
Or Jimmy Smith.
Or Marvin Harrison.

Check thier stats.

Rarely is a great WR a great WR because they are the "fastest" or the " biggest".

In fact, I can hardly think of one great receiver that was great due to him being so fast.

WR is about routes, setting up defenders, strong hands, just having a feel of how to move and when. Toughness.

Snead is displaying several of these unique traits of being a great receiver.

He had an outstanding rookie season. We'll see how it goes this year.

But don't say " he won't be a one because he isn't the biggest or fastest"

I'll help you out with one known for speed, Tim Brown
Can also consider James Lofton
Moss and Owens known for speed also but they were also big and physical

If you recall what Brady did for guys like Welker, Edelman, even Amendola, you'll have a better perspective for Snead's potential.

All of those players were relative nobodies in the NFL until Brady showed how high their potential went. Edelman was a 7th round pick. Welker was playing special teams for Miami! Brady would elevate Snead's play by concentrating on him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom