Willie Snead? (1 Viewer)

OakTown2g

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Was anyone else just watching NFL Live on ESPN talking about Willie Snead's suspension reduced to 1 game? Or was I tripping?

I would assume you were tripping since it was already reduced from 4 to 3 games on silent appeal. But hey that would be awesome if they reduced it even further

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would assume you were tripping since it was already reduced from 4 to 3 games on silent appeal. But hey that would be awesome if they reduced it even further

Maybe that's what it is and ESPN's wording confused me. :idunno:

Anyone find the whole NFL suspension thing weird. I mean Zeke is supposed to be serving 6 games for a way worse offense but playing week 1 but we're without Snead week 1 off a 3 game suspension on a lesser offense. I know there's appeals and everything but the whole thing is just a mess the way the rules bend.

If Elliott really did what he is suspended for that is bad but I wouldn't say it's a way worse offense than driving under the influence when endangering lives. It's really hard to say which is worse, but I do agree that the league's way of suspending players for different things have no rhyme or reason.

If Elliott really did what he is suspended for that is bad but I wouldn't say it's a way worse offense than driving under the influence when endangering lives. It's really hard to say which is worse, but I do agree that the league's way of suspending players for different things have no rhyme or reason.

if one is 6 games and one is 3, i think the league said which was worse. also i dont like the differences in punishment. ray rice/greg hardy were kicked out indefinitely for the same offense yet another gets 6 games. i'm no judge just hate how unclear the rules are

Ray Rice had a video that went beyond easily explainable. The league overreacted due to public pressure on that one. I think that's where you see a lot of the inconsistencies. Greg Hardy was simply a complete fool. He was so over the top again.

I have no problem with Snead getting his suspension. Arrested and convicted of a DUI, no problems.

Where I have an issue is with Elliot's. The woman involved had such a poor story the NFL investigator recommended dropping the case and not punishing Elliot. Yet here is judge, jury and executioner Goodell making up his own decision and doing what he wants because he is so concerned the NFL may get a black eye in the court of public opinion. Goodell talks about how the NFL investigates, ok the follow the advice of the people investigating it.

Where I have an issue is with Elliot's. The woman involved had such a poor story the NFL investigator recommended dropping the case and not punishing Elliot. Yet here is judge, jury and executioner Goodell making up his own decision and doing what he wants because he is so concerned the NFL may get a black eye in the court of public opinion. Goodell talks about how the NFL investigates, ok the follow the advice of the people investigating it.

Apparently the NFL system determines punishments based on (1) the severity of the offense, and (2) the probability of guilt. The latter is a factor almost unprecedented in the history of justice systems in the western world. This is what happens when you have one person who is judge/jury/executioner. Either he did it or he didn't! The NFL should investigate w/o the Commissioner and then if guilt is found, the Commissioner determine punishment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom